+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Using
    AutoCAD 2010

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Rmark I did attached the PDF text for this problem too the pages start from 40 to 45
    God this will be a lot of help Remark, you don't believe it how much I appreciated. I put everything there for you to see it and walk me from there

Thanks again .

Using
    AutoCAD 2010

Default Elective civil drafting

are you there Remark ?

Computer Details
    ReMark's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    Intel DX58SO2 LGA1366 X58
    CPU:
    Intel i7-960 Quad-core 3.20GHz 8MB cache
    RAM:
    12GB (3x4GB) PC3-106000 DDR3
    Graphics:
    nVidia Quadro K4200, 4GB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    150GB Velocipraptor 10,000 rpm
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Dell P24LLH - 24" wide screen LCD
    Discipline
    See details...
    ReMark's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Draftsman/Designer...chemical manufacturing.
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Yes, I am here but only briefly. I'm working today so my time will be limited.

What is the nature of your question?

Right now it is 6:41 a.m. on Saturday morning (Oct. 12th).
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

Eat brains...gain more knowledge!

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Using
    AutoCAD 2010

I just wondering if you walk me through as usual on the project I posted on this conversation because you are one of the nicest person I seen in this fourm, you hve been helping a lot of people and I was witnessed that, that is why I posted my all info for you to look @it.

THANKS REMARK
    Last edited by solo8591; 15th Oct 2013 at 12:32 am. Reason: ADD WORD

Discipline
    Civil
    Using
    AutoCAD not applicable

What is it exactly that you don't understand and need help with?

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    Graphics:
    Primary Storage:
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Discipline
    See details...
    Occupation
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

I'm far from the nicest person here at CADTutor and any number of forum members will attest to that.

I'll try to look at your drawing in the next hour or so (5:58 a.m., Tuesday October 15th). In the meantime do you have any specific questions?
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    Graphics:
    Primary Storage:
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Discipline
    See details...
    Occupation
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

I took a quick look at your drawing and I have some questions and concerns.

You have some contours (color: white, layer: new contour line) that extend into SW Ash Creek Drive and just stop. Contours don't abruptly end like this. They should terminate at an existing contour of the same elevation.

Many of the contour lines that appear on the new contour line layer are comprised of a straight line segment and a portion of a circle. Where these two entities meet up there are many instances in which the arc is not tangent to the line. This is unacceptable. I would suggest using the Circle command and TTR (tan-tan-radius) option to transition from an existing contour into a new contour.

Speaking of contours....as a rule, they generally do not come to sharp points as a number of your's do.

Contours do not cross each other. For example, you have a 90 contour (color: yellow) crossing a 92 contour (color: red).

Contours do not run through structures like houses.

Generally speaking it is not a good practice to overwrite your geometry with text. To block the geometry use a Text Mask.

What's the deal with the new building contours (color: blue)? I did not have time to read through the PDF.

The size of your text is a bit large. Is that what is called for in the instructions? It is so large that when you show the driveway to be 12 feet wide you have no room to include arrowheads.

Your property line appears be of the Continuous linetype. Isn't it supposed to be a long line, two short dashes, followed by a long line (similar to a Phantom linetype)?

I'll end my comments here for the moment.
    Last edited by ReMark; 16th Oct 2013 at 06:13 pm.

Using
    AutoCAD 2010

Ok I will fix those areas I know exactly what you said , I just put the contour lines to see if i locate them in the right spot , i didn't do any trimmig or adjustment on thos one .and see the other areas when you get chance too.

Thanks Remark as always.

Using
    AutoCAD 2010

Default civil elective plate 2-3

Everyone was criticized about my question on this project ,by saying that I wasnt clear on the area where I didn't get it . well I put all my drawing and the booklet up there for you guys to look at it and see the instraction with that too, that way you able to correct the drawing and post it back, that way I can learn and see where and what I meased. Already I did all the main work I just got confused on the centerline profiling and the contours areas. I don't see somebody do that to help. So please go a head and do that whoever has the idea of this project or want to help and make this project a sucesse.

Thanks Much.

Discipline
    Civil
    Using
    AutoCAD not applicable

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by solo8591 View Post
    Everyone was criticized about my question on this project ,by saying that I wasnt clear on the area where I didn't get it . well I put all my drawing and the booklet up there for you guys to look at it and see the instraction with that too, that way you able to correct the drawing and post it back, that way I can learn and see where and what I meased. Already I did all the main work I just got confused on the centerline profiling and the contours areas. I don't see somebody do that to help. So please go a head and do that whoever has the idea of this project or want to help and make this project a sucesse.

Thanks Much.
    Sorry, although no one is going to correct the drawing for you. If you don't think something is correct, then ask whether it is and how YOU can fix it. Don't just ask for someone to fix it straight up.