Changing multiple similar text?

hvitost

Hi!

I've got a problem with some of my text's in Autocad. From the screenshot you can see some different texts, theese are copied by their content and pasted manually.

Now, ive got to change the content of theese, and i dont want to do that 1 by 1. Is there a way i could edit for ex. all my YV-E-------------1H at the same time?

Would appreciate some help on this :)

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Your screenshot doesn't seem to have been posted, not sure if that might be because you are new to the forum, or not.

If you right click on your mouse, and you have right click short cut menus enabled, then you should see FIND near the bottom of the list.

You can use that to search for specific text and replace it, you can also use wildcards in the search box.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Your screenshot doesn't seem to have been posted, not sure if that might be because you are new to the forum, or not.

If you right click on your mouse, and you have right click short cut menus enabled, then you should see FIND near the bottom of the list.

You can use that to search for specific text and replace it, you can also use wildcards in the search box.

Ahhh, simply forgot it as i always do :P Thanks by the way :)

Adding screenshot here.text.jpg

As Dadgad suggested, find and replace will do it for you. After seeing your example, I want to offer a bit of advice. Be as specific as you can with what you use for the FIND field. The longer, the better. Short combinations, two or three letters, may find instances that you don't want to change. If you have any doubts that the FIND may find something that you don't intend to change, there is also an option to check each change that lets you decide if you want to change each instance or not. Or, if you are sure you won't change anything else, you can just go ahead and replace all.

It works :) Thanks!

While im at it, is there some way i can mark all of the similar text too? If i want to move them all a bit to the left?

The next time im going to use a lot of layers ;)

Glad that worked for you. :)

You could select all the occurrences of a particular text string by using the

FILTER command, as shown in the image.

If after using it, you lose the selection set,

just start the Move command and use P for previous selection set.

Should you want to create filters for reuse another time,

as setting them up takes more time than using them,

use the SAVE AS option.

Filter is a very useful command.

filter command could do that.JPG

Thanks dadgad, I learned something here. I didnt' know you could save your selection set. :notworthy:
In this case, as Dadgad pointed out, you are saving the filter list you set up, so that you can use the same filter list again sometime. AutoCAD automatically saves the Previous selection set. Usually, it is even preserved through Undo.

Those unfamiliar with the FILTER command will no doubt be blown away by all of the different

available selectable object types, in the SELECT FILTER and the search parameters which can be applied to help define

a particularly difficult selection set. :)