Contours Filled with Colour

pbh

I want to colour fill between contour lines. Most of the plug-ins I have tried only colour the actual contour lines. Some of the large stand-alone packages say that they do it, however most are beyond my meaker financial reach.

So my queries are: can this be done within any AutoCAD package?

Are there any known plug-ins that can do this?

Or will I have to commission a customised plug-in.

The image below is an example of the colour fill required

Many thanks in advance.

DH Colored Cont Image of 001.jpg

As you are using LT I think even a commissioned plug-in would not work, you need at least a full version of AutoCAD. AutoCAD Civil 3D can do what you are after and if that is beyond you reach consider one of the cheaper or free CAD systems.

If you are working in 2D then try what JD said. Where are you getting your data from? Does it come in 2D or 3D?

As you are using LT I think even a commissioned plug-in would not work, you need at least a full version of AutoCAD. AutoCAD Civil 3D can do what you are after and if that is beyond you reach consider one of the cheaper or free CAD systems.

If you are working in 2D then try what JD said. Where are you getting your data from? Does it come in 2D or 3D?

Or AutoCAD Map3D will do it. :)

Thank you all for your comments, a very helpful bunch of guys. All suggestions will be tried including AutoCAD Map 3D.

With Civil3D you need to create a surfaces and with Map3D you need to convert the contours to FDO objects, both require you to learn the software so if you want it done quick and easy then J.D.'s hatch may be the best option for LT users.