Dynamic Block & Constraints

Dj_T_Rex2002

Ok wasn't sure where to post my question. I need help with a block I created please (Attached). Is there a Geometric Constraint that can keep the two lines (red and green) keep touching the blue one and look like the drawing right below the block that is Exploded? Thank you.

Panel Test.dwg

The vertical lines have to be parallel to each other. The ends of the vertical green lines have to remain in contact with the blue line. So that just leaves us with the other ends of the vertical green lines remaining in contact with the horizontal green line. I got the first two to work; the third one has me stumped. JDM would know how to do it.

Disclaimer: I don't use constraints in my day-to-day work.

Edited by ReMark

I tried adding the dimensional constraint but I do not know how to make it stick to the line that will be at an angle (the blue line). And since I have an Array Action I cannot add another parameter in order for it to multiply. Did you look at the drawing?

I was like "how you do that?!?!?!?!?" ... I see you used hatch ... the thought it nice and appreciated. However, we use panels to specific widths (30", 36", 42" etc). Thanks Steven-g ... I will try it out see how it looks. I still feel the lines can be constraint to what I am looking for but still hard to figure it out lol

As I said it isn't really a proper answer, but if you go into the block editor you can scale the hatch to be any size you want. You could a different block for each set size. And you can apply a hatch to any shape polyline that you want, you can also set the origin point of a hatch to where you want so everything lines up

Untill someone comes up with a proper answer you could cheat a bit. On the other hand it does work

I like this idea.

BTW...the building profile is very similar to two of our process buildings both of which are skinned with panels by Centria called Versawall.

Haha we use it for our panels by Metl-Span. I took your advice and well it seems to work so far. Just shows a solid hatch when it comes to a single panel but I guess we can live without it :D thanks for your advice.

Panel Test.dwg