Flip Dimension arrows - ACE'14

Barneel

Hi,

I'm trying to flip an arrow head dimension so that it appears within the two dimension lines pointing outwards. I understand that in previous versions of AutoCAD you could just right click -> flip arrow heads, but this version (AutoCAD Electrical 2014) seems to lack this feature...

Any help would be appreciated! I'm sure it's easy, but it's making my hair fall out D:

Untitled.jpg

Thanks,

Found some useful tools in there, but not something that will allow me to force the arrows inbetween the margins :-( It seemed to have every other option except that one!

You know what they say, you can lead a dimension to it's target, but you can't force it to flip.

I really don't know if there is a way to force the arrows inside. You can perhaps make the arrows a small size so that they'll fit?

Or, as a last thing to do, and I really can't believe I am saying this, you could... explode them. :unsure: noone saw me write that right?

Have you tried hovering over the end grip of the dimension line?

I am not sure if you will have them, but in vanilla cad these days you can find the flip arrow option in the hover grip menu.

Tiger, I hope you won't be endorsing exploding dimensions to your new charges, when you take the Civil3D reins in hand? :shock:

The fit tab suggestion makes perfect sense however, you can force the arrows to remain inside, if they fit.

Tiger, I hope you won't be endorsing exploding dimensions to your new charges, when you take the Civil3D reins in hand? :shock:

I promise that I will not :)

I actually have my first course tomorrow, but that is "simple" autocad so not very worried :) (and I won't mention anything about exploding dims :thumbsup: )

Good. glad that helps you, if anybody ever asks you if Tiger ever suggested you EXPLODE a dimension to make it behave? Please deny it vigorously, we all love her,

and wouldn't want to sully her virtually virtuous reputation. :beer:

I feel in a position of power. Tiger is now mine to command.

Behave yourself now, or we might neglect to ask if you have discovered the stretch grip hover menus. :|

You know what they say, you can lead a dimension to it's target, but you can't force it to flip.

I really don't know if there is a way to force the arrows inside. You can perhaps make the arrows a small size so that they'll fit?

Or, as a last thing to do, and I really can't believe I am saying this, you could... explode them. :unsure: noone saw me write that right?

Yeah, I saw that, and I can't believe my eyes! I'm :shock:; absolutely :shock:! And a Super Moderator no less! Tiger, how could you!:(:cry:

I ain't got no time for hoverin'. I just click 'n' drag

Me too, if all I want to do is stretch.

Perhaps I should rephrase that.

Given what seems to be your great surprise at the hover menus which have been added to dimensions,

are you familiar with the hover menus which have been added to GRIPS?

If not, then you will have missed some advanced functionality which is available of late,

but I can live with that. :|

I'm posting in the beginners area, leave me alone!! :cry:

I wasn't aware of the grip hover menus. I just assumed they moved the features the right click offered elsewhere. I usually just use the command line.

What I meant was whenever I go anywhere near the grips I'm either left or right clicking straight away, so the hover menu has never had a chance to present itself to me :D