How to create Pline that is always closed one, is there any option

shailujp

Hi all,

I have a small question here. Is it possible in autoCAD (or via lisp) that when I draw a polyline and when I reach the first point again (from where I have started), the command terminates and give me a closed polyline. And if I dont reach to the first point, it automatically closes to the first point.

This is just me make sure I'm not keeping the loop open for hatching?

Any help is appriciated.

Edited by shailujp
grammer

Do you know that if you type "c" when you are in the polyline command, and it is waiting for you to input a point, that it will automatically close the polyline to the start point for you.

Ahh...so simple...what was I thinking...

Thanks Steven

And is it possible to let it automatically terminate when its already reached to the first point, rather than giving command to close it.

Just curious...may be via lisp?

And is it possible to let it automatically terminate when its already reached to the first point, rather than giving command to close it.

You don't need to pick the first point again -

By selecting the 'Close' option, the last segment will be constructed automatically to close the polyline.

I am a firm believer in closing my polylines, as described by steven & Lee, :beer: but you may also be interested to learn about this system variable option.

set your hatch gap tolerance.jpg

Dadgad,

I like your recomendation too...

Just curious, how did you get this dialogue box which gives detailed information about system variables? is this a newer version of autocad? I'm using 2008