AutoCAD Vulnerability - Hotfix released in July

ReMark

This came to my attention as a result of Ralph Grabowski's upFront.eZine NEWS #788 (dated August 27, 2013) found an exploit in files used by AutoCAD 2007 and later (plus associated verticals) as well as DWG Trueview. AutoDesk "quietly" released a hotfix that addresses the problem but strangely enough it works only for versions 2011 thru 2014. Anyone else beside me hear of or read this then download and install the hotfix?

The hotfix can be found here...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=21972896&linkID=9240618&siteID=123112

This came to my attention as a result of Ralph Grabowski's upFront.eZine NEWS #788 (dated August 27, 2013) found an exploit in files used by AutoCAD 2007 and later (plus associated verticals) as well as DWG Trueview. AutoDesk "quietly" released a hotfix that addresses the problem but strangely enough it works only for versions 2011 thru 2014. Anyone else beside me hear of or read this then download and install the hotfix?

The hotfix can be found here...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=21972896&linkID=9240618&siteID=123112

Thanks, ReMark. BTW, I'm not sure it's so strange that the hotfix only applies to 2011 thru 2014. Does Autodesk support any versions earlier than that now? If not, then I would not expect them to provide a hotfix for them, or even say if it works for them or not.

The perils of working without a net I suppose. One would think there are enough users out there to justify the effort required to protect them as well even if it only amounts to a 'good will' gesture.

The perils of working without a net I suppose. One would think there are enough users out there to justify the effort required to protect them as well even if it only amounts to a 'good will' gesture.
Yes, but... I suspect that sort of thing would fly in the face of trying to manipulate users to pay to upgrade.

Yes, but... I suspect that sort of thing would fly in the face of trying to manipulate users to pay to upgrade.
My license is just a little over 3 years old. One would think a little retro support combined with useful improvements in the new versions would go a long way to convince me to upgrade, wouldn't one.

My license is just a little over 3 years old. One would think a little retro support combined with useful improvements in the new versions would go a long way to convince me to upgrade, wouldn't one.
Maybe in theory, but it seems to me some yogi addressed that quite poetically. You can probably find a quote to that effect somewhere around here if you look. ;) For the devious it's far more fun to knock 'em to the mat, grind their face into it, twist 'em up like a pretzel till they scream in agony, then make 'em sign, broken fingers and all (I think they call it "handholding" as they guide you through the signature phase). At least that's what it feels like from here.:ouch:

Maybe in theory, but it seems to me some yogi addressed that quite poetically. You can probably find a quote to that effect somewhere around here if you look. ;) For the devious it's far more fun to knock 'em to the mat, grind their face into it, twist 'em up like a pretzel till they scream in agony, then make 'em sign, broken fingers and all (I think they call it "handholding" as they guide you through the signature phase). At least that's what it feels like from here.:ouch:
I think you just defined Autodesk's subscription program.