Hidden line or ISO Dash lingers and carries into drawing

gotchy

Hopefully someone here will help me avoid this exasperating issue that I have.

Many is the time that I need to have hidden, or dashed lines added to

a drawing. I do this by putting LTYPE in the command line then loading the dash or hidden line that I want. The problem is that long after I have done this, I get a dashed line on any line that I attempt to draw. Even if I dimension something, the arrows and lines are also dashed lines. I go back into Modify Properties and LTYPE and attempt to delete the line types that I have added and I am not allowed to delete them.

If someone has the time to explain what I am missing here it would be appreciated.

Gotchy

When you set the LTYPE as current in that way, it will stay as the linetype until you change it.

It makes more sense to create a new layer, assigned the linetype which you want to use "by layer",

and then create the lines you need on that layer.

If you are creating lines on any other layer, their linetypes will not be affected.

For instance, in my work I have a layer called Steel Hidden, the linetype for which is defined (in the LAYER PROPERTIES MANAGER) by layer, as HIDDEN.

The linetype defined by layer for my STEEL layer (meaning visible steel edges) is CONTINUOUS.

set your linetype by layer in the layer manager.jpg