Dynamic block atrrubuted text?

SamIreland

Hi there,

Having a very annoying issue regarding attributed text updating when reinserting a DB. I have text override in a dimension, inserted a field into the text override but whenever I reinsert the block and change the values, the text does not update. Thoughts?

:D

What does the field refer to, if it is something else that is in the block then you will have problems, can you post an example then someone can hopefully give a directed answer.

The field refers to an attribute definition ie, text override -> right click>insert field>object>(selected attribute within the block)>value. I want to be able to re-insert this block into a new drawing and change the value of each attribute without having to go into block editor and manually change the text. Is it possible? I will try and get around to post an example.

Edited by SamIreland

It is possible, I would suggest trying to put your dim with the field onto a visibility state that is turned off when you insert the block, once the block is inserted you can turn the visibility state on, that should get it to work. If you have problems then post the block.

BLOCK EXAMPLE.dwg

I have attached a copy of the block I am working with. I am currently using a visibility state to control the number of layers that can be manipulated. When I change the value of the attribute, the field will not update. I have tried many avenues but haven't had any success yet! :( thanks for your help already, steven.

Unfortunately that trick doesn't work in this case, fields inside blocks are strange beings, as a suggestion I would place the attribute where you have the dim text overide and adjust its position as the thickness of a layer is stretched. I use LT so I don't know the options available with constraints, but I would have thought you could get the attribute to move half the distance of the stretch for each layer ???