Auto Numbering

Diesel

Is there a way to auto number Sheets. EX:

Sheet No: 1 of 42

Sheet No: 2 of 42

And so on, I want the sheet number to change every time I add a layout. I Also use SSM if it can be don in this as well. I currently have the sheet No: as a CurrentSheetCustom in SSM.

Thanks

^C^CUSERI1;$M=$(+,$(getvar,USERI1),1);-attedit;y;;number;;0,1000;1000,0;;v;r;$M=$(getvar,USERI1) of 42;;^c

Would something like that work? I'm assuming your number is an attribute and that the attributes tag is "number". I'm not sure if the exact thing you want could be done but this is pretty close.

You enter the command "CUI" and bring up the customize user interface window (CUI for short). Go down to the toolbar menu, expand it, right click, then click "create new toolbar". Name it whatever you like. Below that window you will see another window with a list of commands. Right click inside the list and click "new command". It will be called "command1" and that can be changed to whatever you like. Search through the list to find the command you just created (or type "command" into the search bar) and click it. A window on the right side of the CUI will come up describing the command. On the row that says "macro" insert the macro that I provided. Above that you will see a row called "name" where it displays the name as "command 1". You can change that or you can leave it. Above that a little further is an icon option. Again, you can make an icon for your command or you can leave it blank. After you've done this find the toolbar that you created and drag the new command from the list of commands and place it in your custom toolbar. Apply the settings, turn on the toolbar, and then you have your command. A macro can't be run from the command line sadly enough unless you have a keyboard shortcut for it.

If I am not mistaken LT 2014 has the sheet set manager and again, if I am not mistaken you can pull in fields from the sheet set manager to completely automate this. Not only will it be automated but you can also have this set up for multiple CAD files as well (IE plotting a site plan and floor plan as one package even though they are different files). I haven't tried this myself, but I have a job I am working on where I can test it.