Find DYNMODE from the registry.

jdavid10

Hello everyone,

I'm writing because I need to disable the dynamic input in AutoCAD.

It's irritating to me, because I'm more used to a much older version of AutoCAD.

I just found this forum while searching through the internet and this is my first post here.

Upon searching through the internet I found a thread here that says that I have to set DYNMODE to "0" to turn off the dynamic input. Alas, I have no clue as to at which subfolder of the registry this variable should be.

Could anyone help please?

Thank you all for your time.

Edited by jdavid10
grammar error

Many settings in AutoCAD are controlled by system variables that can be reset from within AutoCAD itself at the command line. There should never come a time when a user has to resort to editing the Windows Registry directly.

In the future you might try entering SYSVDLG at the commandline, which will take you to

a very comprehensive list of system variables, and descriptions of the various options

which can be set for your SYSTEM VARIABLES, of which DYNMODE is but one.

We forum members are more than happy to help, should you need help,

so don't hesitate to ask. :)

Just type "dynmode" on the keyboard Autocad will tell you what value it now is, and ask you for a new value, just type "0"

Hi

Thanks steve for the quick reply.

I didn't know about that. However, I'm still curious though.

Could it be done through the registry too?

If so, then at which folder would the variable "DYNMODE" be?

In the future you might try entering SYSVDLG at the commandline, which will take you to

a very comprehensive list of system variables, and descriptions of the various options

which can be set for your SYSTEM VARIABLES, of which DYNMODE is but one.

We forum members are more than happy to help, should you need help,

so don't hesitate to ask. :)

Very interesting!

Thank you for that information.

Even though I learned AutoCAD so long ago, sometimes I feel like I'm getting started all over again.

The new versions are so different from the 2002 version with which I learned at the University.

Hi

Thanks steve for the quick reply.

I didn't know about that. However, I'm still curious though.

Could it be done through the registry too?

If so, then at which folder would the variable "DYNMODE" be?

While curiosity is a good thing, given that there are numerous easier and safer ways to set this option

than messing around in the registry, I should think that one of them would be preferable.

Yes, no doubt it could be done in the registry too, but it wouldn't be as easy or quick as clicking

on the icon, entering a new value at the commandline, or hitting F6. :)

When you have some free time, look around in the SYSVDLG (system variables dialog),

you will learn plenty. Likely many behaviors which you seem inclined to want to change in the registry can

be done there in a matter of seconds, including researching all available options.

Many settings in AutoCAD are controlled by system variables that can be reset from within AutoCAD itself at the command line. There should never come a time when a user has to resort to editing the Windows Registry directly.

Thank you ReMark, you're right.

Perhaps it's better not to mess around with the registry. I'll keep your advice then.