Self inflicted problems with the Linetype Tool

reggy

I must be missing something fundamental when trying to change a line from a solid line to a hidden or dashed line in Autocad 2000. I use the ltype command then load either Hidden, or dashed ISO,or both, and invariably the scale is way off in that I always end up with a still solid line, after using modify properties. After all that, every line I draw after that comes out dashed. Maybe I should fool with the layers? Is there a basic procedure I should follow here?

Thanks in advance,

Reggy

Try using VIEW - ZOOM - WINDOW then check a section of the line. It may not be a solid line. let us know how it shows up and you may have to zoom more then 1 time to check it.

One useful point to remember about Linetypes is that there are two files shipped with AutoCAD. Acad.lin and Acadiso.lin which has a multiplying factor of 25.4 built in (metrification).

With a global Linetype Scale of 1, a Dashed line has a repeating length of 0.75 with the acad.lin file and a repeating length of 19.05 with the acadiso.lin.

From these figures, you should be able to work out where you are.

I do hope that you are drawing your lines with linetype and colours set ByLayer. Obviously you will have set up layers with different linetypes and colours to suit.

If you set up Linetype Control with a Dashed line, then all lines you draw will be dashed.