• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• rkmcswain

• nestly

• neophoible

I owe you Lee count me in for $10 AUS

I am interested in the crowd - funding site my wife and I gave to a particular women who really deserved it we found her whilst travelling around Australia search For "Duct tape surfer" you will be amazed.

Autodesk should pay his way.

Count me in for some $, if some one wants to set something up.

I like that idea

(setq SLW210 10.00);<--- Bright Idea, lets call 10 for now

(defun c:GetAmount (/ FriendsOfLeeMac PledgeAmount AUHereICome op f)
 (and (setq f (getfiled "Current Amount data" "" "txt" 16))
      (setq FriendsOfLeeMac (getstring "\nEnter Name: "))
      (snvalid FriendsOfLeeMac)
      (setq PledgeAmount (getreal "\nEnter amount: "))
      (> PledgeAmount 0.00)
 )

(progn
   (setq op (open f "r"))
   (While (setq a (read-line op))
     (setq AUHereICome (cons (read a) AUHereICome))
   )
   (close op)
   (print
     (Strcat "\Total as of "
      (menucmd "m=$(edtime,$(getvar,DATE),DD MONTH YYYY)")
     )
   )
   (print
     (apply
'+
(mapcar
  'cadr
  (cons	(setq
	  b (list (strcat "\"" FriendsOfLeeMac "\"") PledgeAmount)
	)
	AUHereICome
  )
)
     )
   )

(setq op (open f "a"))
   (write-line (vl-princ-to-string b) op)
   (close op)
   (startapp "notepad" f)
   (princ)
 )
)

command: GetAmount

Enter Name: SLW210

Enter amount: 10.00

"Total as of 24 February 2015"

I owe you Lee count me in for $10 AUS

Enter Name: BIGAL

"Total as of 25 February 2015"

Enter Name: pBe

current pledge amount.txt

Edited by pBe
Revised Code

BTW: You can pledge again and again if you want, not limited to one name / amount :)

Like this:

Enter Name: pBe

EDIT:Update code at post#86

See attached file for total amount and pledge variable text file

PLEASE ATTACHED current current pledge amount text file when done.

Caution: Make sure you download the latest and greatest text file from the last pledge

IF you see that someone else pledge before you make sure to download the last amount file.

Edited by pBe

I like the idea pBe, but we still need a method to collect the funds, right? Lee does have a "donate" link on his site, but I think it would be better to have something specific to the AU drive.... also, it shouldn't require any effort from Lee. I like the crowd-funding concept if someone has experience and can set it up.

I like the idea pBe, but we still need a method to collect the funds, right? Lee does have a "donate" link on his site, but I think it would be better to have something specific to the AU drive.... also, it shouldn't require any effort from Lee. I like the crowd-funding concept if someone has experience and can set it up.

I was wondering about that as well nestly, need to do some digging on how to go about collecting the funds. suggestions are welcome CTizens :)

i joined CADTutor forum 2013 but was an inactive newbie. i remember Lee was first guru helped improving my ugly first post as OP at theswamp :oops:

i was very impressed by Lee's coding style, then i was motivated & started practising in CADTutor since mid 2014.

Thank you Lee for your guidance, i owe you too :beer:

+USD10

@pBE: FriendsOfLeeMac :lol:

I like the idea pBe, but we still need a method to collect the funds, right?........... I like the crowd-funding concept if someone has experience and can set it up.

I *think* Mr. Lee Mac just needs to go here: https://www.indiegogo.com/campaigns/new

and start a new campaign.

Two questions:

[1] Say the "goal" is US$4000, and we only raise US$1000. What happens to those funds? Does it get refunded back to each person who donates or does Lee Mac just take it and save for next year, or ???

[2] Does indiegogo.com get a fee?

Sorry, don't have time to research those myself right now.

But I'll be checking back on this thread later if someone else wants to.

IMO, it's less awkward if someone else administrates the fund since this is "our" idea, not something he solicited.

1) If we fall short, I'd still be in favor of turning it over to him to do with as he sees fit, whether that be to save toward a future trip to AU, or consider it a small compensation for the many hours volunteered to help the Autocad community as a whole.

2) I dunno about indiegogo, some other possibilities are Fundly and GoFundMe

I'll help for sure. If I pitch in something like $20, it's the least I could add for all the years I used Lee's tools. If it didn't raise enough to send him to the convention then I would still want Lee to keep it. Doesn't bother me any.

-TZ

IMO, it's less awkward if someone else administrates the fund since this is "our" idea, not something he solicited.

1) If we fall short, I'd still be in favor of turning it over to him to do with as he sees fit, whether that be to save toward a future trip to AU, or consider it a small compensation for the many hours volunteered to help the Autocad community as a whole.

[/url]

1+

Well said nestly :thumbsup:

I'll gladly give $50 to get Lee's butt out to AU. I don't even have a job and I want to get him there.

Lee, I am sure that if you were to submit a class idea (or 2) on pushing the bounds of LISP or whatever you want, Your class(es) would get chosen and your class would sell out at AU. It would pay for your registration fee for one. And the more sessions you teach after the initial class, Autodesk actually pays you.

I would love to see some new classes at AU. I have only gone 3 times but I feel like I have either attended the same classes over and over or watched/listened online to the same classes enough that I could recite some of them.

Lee could mix things up in a great way.

~Greg

Lee, I am sure that if you were to submit a class idea (or 2) on pushing the bounds of LISP or whatever you want, Your class(es) would get chosen and your class would sell out at AU. It would pay for your registration fee for one. And the more sessions you teach after the initial class, Autodesk actually pays you.

I would love to see some new classes at AU. I have only gone 3 times but I feel like I have either attended the same classes over and over or watched/listened online to the same classes enough that I could recite some of them.

1+ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Firstly, thank you all for your tremendous support - I am honestly overwhelmed by the responses in this thread and delighted to have assisted & inspired so many of you over the years.

Where the crowd-funding site is concerned, I agree that it would be rather awkward for me to set up a page personally, as I think it may give out the wrong impression; and so perhaps it would be better if the page were administrated by another trustworthy member (such as rkmcswain).

I am not nearly as prolific a commenter as most of you... but if anyone needs help with the above project... I will be happy to contribute some time and energy.

I already drink a pot of coffee every morning, I might as well put that energy to good use. I can type like 4,896 words per minute.

The timing looks good. Plenty of time before the next AU.

I've toyed with the notion of attending - perhaps watching this project develop will maintain my own focus to do what it takes to get out to Vegas. Maybe there's a whole bunch of us that can use this as a catalyst. Perhaps we should start thinking about financing the mammoth bender that's likely to happen shortly after that first Alisp class.