Lee Mac - the lisp legend

samifox

Then it's settled to some degree. How about all three of us be admins, so natural checks and balances can be in place? I'll be the managing admin. I'll look into setting these up tomorrow and get it going based off RK's recommendations.

Look for PM's from me if y'all two are on board with me.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• rkmcswain

• nestly

• neophoible

I can't thank you all enough for this incredibly kind & generous gesture guys - this really means a lot to me, and I look forward to the possibility of meeting you all at AU!

Lee has been a god sent to me and my work, with his help and a whole bunch of other people on this site I have managed to simplify a lot of my work. I would be more than happy to donate to this cause once the site is set up...Thanks again Lee for all that you us...

Sincerely,

Brian

I have no problem with that plan.

We can make a Sticky thread for the link when set up.

Are we leaving travel and hotel to Lee or are there some packages available through Autodesk?

Would be nice to have an accurate goal in mind to include food, beverage, etc.

Would Lee need a rental car/motorcycle and a few other questions need to be answered by Lee.

Lets see what we raise, but I'm all for Lee getting all the extra funds as pocket money, etc.

I may have some spare time this weekend to help out.

I guess I'll have to chip in extra now that you helped me out just yesterday! :thumbsup:

Sticky thread will definitely be helpful IMO, thanks for the suggestion and taking care of it when it happens.

IMO the goal should be to include all expenses. I've not been to AU myself, but my understanding is that everything is pretty local to the convention area (hotels are walking distance, airport shuttles etc) so while I don't think a rental is strictly required to attend AU, if I was planning an overseas trip, I'd want allow some extra time to take in some attractions aside from the convention which may require a rental for at least a day or two.

http://au.autodesk.com/las-vegas/registration-pricing

-Airfare (possible discount - but not enough info to calculate yet)

-Registration (discount for early registration)

-Lodging (possible discount - but not enough info to calculate yet)

-Travel Visa

Took me a while to read back through to pick up on the funding being discussed :oops:, and thought I'd offer a plan 'B' or 'C' so-to-speak....

For the past three years, AUGI has awarded me a free pass to AU, and hotel stay, which I've regretfully had to decline due to schedule conflicts with family visiting from Italy, and work - Point is - There isn't a doubt in my mind that Lee could easily earn this with increased participation over there (distasteful as it may be for me to recommend here at CT), especially so, now that I am so caught up with workload at my new job. :P Haha

No seriously - Jokes aside, we all know, and acknowledge Lee's talent. Were he to earn this year's annual award, he'd then only need to purchase airfare to cross the pond. I know the 'powers that be' and would gladly recommend him (I am a mod over there, for whatever that's worth *shrug*).

More importantly... Perhaps any remaining funds could then be put towards publishing his first in a series of new books?!

With the help of the publishing corporations of Ursa Minor, Lee's books are sure to become more popular than "Celestial Home Care Omnibus," better selling than "Fifty-three More Things to Do in Zero Gravity," and more controversial than Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters... I can see the book titles now... "Where [LISP] Went Wrong," "Some More of [LISP]'s Greatest Mistakes," and "[What] Is This [LISP API] Anyway?" o:) #DontPanic

Separately - Hey Hot Tip Harry - can I donate my +/- $250 in past 'earnings' towards Lee's fund? (just remembered that I haven't claimed it, and I don't need anymore coffee mugs, or T-Shirts) :P

Cheers

Edited by BlackBox

Lee is one of those that has helped me with setting up LISP to make my work easier.

Thanks Lee.

Hope that when the crowfunding is setup, I can offer my small contribution as a token of my appreciation for your efforts to this community.

BTW they accept credit card right?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't thank you all enough for this incredibly kind & generous gesture guys - this really means a lot to me, and I look forward to the possibility of meeting you all at AU!

I'd be in to donating to this. My work is sending me this year for the first time and it would be great to meet up with people I have been virtually talking to for years.

I think Lee owes me a beer anyways, bout time he paid up!

• 3 years later...

Haha, it's been a couple of years since i used the forum and I had even forgot what the forum was called.

My googling, and also what i could remeber from those days,  to find it was "Lisp lee mac". Thats how much help he has been!

I too will voice my appreciation for Lee.

His responses to me and posts from other threads, as well as the other previously mentioned talented posters, has increased my productivity immeasurably.

I seem to recall an old post from Lee stating that he does not use Autocad?

Did I imagine this?