Zoom Extents, Requires a regen, cannot be transparent

lamensterms

Hi guys,

I realise this is an old thread, just wondering if any new tweaks have some to the surface to all the wheel-double-click action to be altered. Currently my mouse is set to ZOOM>EXTENTS like I imagine most people's is. Lately I've been getting a lot of "Requires a regen, cannot be transparent" errors while trying to zoom>extents, and I would like to introduce a REGEN call into the wheel-double-click macro. REGENAUTO is set to ON.

Thanks for any help.

That message happens when you are trying to ZE when in a command which would a transparent regen. AutoCAD is telling you that it can't do that. Which means that it is trying to, but can't. Am I making sense?

BTW, even though the question is related, it should have been it's own thread. It is a different topic.

Hi Rob,

I'm afraid I don't quite follow... are you saying there is a command active while I'm trying to ZE? I've never had much to do with transparent commands or regen.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hmmm, I don't wanna argue... but I'm not sure that was the case (for my experience). There was one drawing in particular that I was getting the zoom error in, so next time I'm working in that drawing I'll keep an eye on it.

I'll post back when the error comes back.

Thanks again.

Hmmm, I don't wanna argue... but I'm not sure that was the case (for my experience). There was one drawing in particular that I was getting the zoom error in, so next time I'm working in that drawing I'll keep an eye on it.

I'll post back when the error comes back.

Thanks again.

vs.

That message happens when you are trying to ZE when in a command which would a transparent regen. AutoCAD is telling you that it can't do that. Which means that it is trying to, but can't. Am I making sense?

BTW, even though the question is related, it should have been it's own thread. It is a different topic.

No fair, changing the parameters of the question.

There is a big difference between setting a variable and a file specific problem. File specific problems are best solved by uploading the/a file that exhibits the behavior. I still stand by my interpretation of the error message.

Hi again Rob,

Just wanted to confirm that you are correct about the command being active when I try to ZE. I think my confusion is being caused by some poor LISPery on my part. It seems (at this stage) that there is some routine which is not properly completing, and each time I try to ZE after the "completion" of the routine/command... I get this error. I haven't quite got to the bottom of it yet, but you have certainly pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks again for your help.

No fair, changing the parameters of the question.

Haha, you're right. Sorry about that. I poorly worded my response. Rather than saying "There was one drawing in particular that I was getting the zoom error in", I should have said "There was one drawing in particular that I was getting the zoom error most frequently in".

There is not just one drawing which I am seeing this error in... but I was getting it a lot in one drawing.

Sorry for the confusion and deception (unintentional).

Thanks again.

No problem. I confused the OP with you and tried to correct my post and it still came out messed up. Please excuse me. That's exactly why you should have started a separate thread. That and I shouldn't post when I've been drinking.