• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andy Clarke

• Tuns

• steven-g

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so awkward... If you select too many lines at one time you can't see any grips... but if you select 4 or 5 random lines you can use the grips. I used the macro you have to flatten and it made the entire thing disappear. I'll try my best though so give me some time.

Don't trust anyone, their out to get you :) If you get an e-mail go back to your post and EDIT the e-mail out

I think you also should edit your post to remove the e-mail address from the quote.

Ok.. I know your problem. There is a limit to how many objects you can select and edit and for some reason the lines in this drawing are taking up way more memory than they should be. I guess it's because it wasn't drawn with AutoCAD or something, but if you select too many lines the grips will vanish making it appear to have multiple elevations. It's already all on one level, you're just limited by AutoCAD here...

I think that arcs which are not initially horizontal, move in a direction which is normal to the arc.

They are still in the drawing, but not much use after the 1e99 procedure. :(

Tuns if you select just two different lines it still shows that there on different elevations before using the macro i have even tried make the arc into a polyline but it still moving them around it so frustrating

eldon this is whats stressing em out that there still in the drawing but moved, i was thinking of upgrading to full version of CAD to use the express tools but i don't know if i will have the same problem using the flatten command

I have just been trying things out with an arc I rotated in 3D. The 1e99 procedure sends it to pastures new, but flatten turns it into an ellipse at zero elevation, which is what you want. :D

Not seeing the original, makes it a bit difficult, but I tried a few things. If an arc isn't parallel to the world UCS it goes walkabout, I figured out 2 options but both will only work with one arc at a time. Make sure the UCS is 'world' then trace over the arcs one at a time (arc command and pick end centre and end), an arc is forced to be on the UCS it doesn't matter what the elevation of the starting point is all subsequent points have the same Z value so tracing over the arcs will create new ones parallel to the UCS then delete the old ones and flatten the drawing. The second option I haven't fully tested yet but for each arc run the PEDIT command and change them into polylines, polylines will flatten with the macro. Obviously you can't use these options if there are too many arcs.

EDIT converting to polyline doesn't work - so only the first option looks like it may work.

just a quick one guys thanks for all your help

last night i upgraded to autocad 2014 full and the flatten command worked a treat

thanks for all your help again