Making leaf-like city layout plan

Mir Ali

A master plan for a city would most likely include areas for industrial development, parks, single family homes, sports facilities, municipal structures like schools, governmental offices, maybe even a transportation hub for rail and bus. And don't forget commercial development (stores, shops and alike). To go into even greater details you could add schools, firehouses, and maybe even a courthouse. It all depends on what this leaf-like city/town is supposed to be (in your mind). Is it just a bedroom community for a much large nearby city? In that case it maybe be populated by nothing more than houses, condominiums, apartment buildings, a scattering of stores and a fire station. I don't know It's YOUR domain so do with it as you wish.

Re: apartment spaces. I'd just use the words "Apartment Building" or "Apartment Complex" (if you have more than one building).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Mir Ali

• eldon

• neophoible

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me show you my work so far

plan.JPG

As you in the image, i have, so far, laid two category of housing plots one is of 600 sq.yds and the other is 400 sq.yd. And there is space left for commercial, education, social, health, welfare,recreation, and public ( government) uses. Further i have to diversify the housing provision by providing housing for lower class of population. Now either that could be accomplished by provision of plots or by the provision of apartment buildings, which would be somewhat more economical. I was wondering that maybe i should provide footprint of the buildings. For example,

school.JPG

I thought you had that all figured out. Maybe you ought to give us a little more information about what it is you need help with.

Well, i want to provide some apartments buildings, such that i know their area coverage, floor area of the apartment (which i want to be of 240sqyd and 120sqyds), and the number of apartments the building contain.

A top view of the building would suffice, like the one i've posted below, given that i know the correct dimensions and number of apartments the building is going to contain.

topview.png9b197975-3abd-4808-bdba-b3509a7584d7Large.jpg

Edited by Mir Ali
Addition

I thought you created at least one apartment building block. You should be able to determine its area. As far as the number of individual apartments in the building that depends on what you based your design on. The image I provided had eighteen apartments.

• 1 month later...

My work is finished now, thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread, though I am gonna need some quick help. I've got a bit of idea about viewports and now am able to work with them. The thing I have to submit my work by day after tomorrow anyhow. My drawing measures 3610' x 8318', I came to know the guy with plotting guy has a plotter with maximum page capacity of 3.5' x X. Where x means the kind of no limit. I want to print the file on 1" = 200' but don't see the required page size i.e. 4.62' x 2'. I am not sure about page customization. Some urgent help would be appreciated. Thanks !