[3dmax] Windows problem and realistic view problem :(

Mena__99

hi , i am tring to make a window , i made a fixed window throw the wall on 3dmax 2013 and it look like it did nothing , i moved it away and the wall is still there , i even did make a box and did a proboolean and (subtract-move) ... one time the box have dissappeard but the window is still closed and the wall is still without any holes

and the second time i tried the same method both the window and the cube have dissappeard but the stupid wall without changing .. :(

plz help me

************* second problem is that i cant see the realistic view from that view port thing nor on the plus on the top left of the screen *******

3.jpg

I think a faster and cleaner way would be to manually cut the holes. Booleans in Max are not very reliable.

If you need multiple window holes then select more polygons when you do your inset.

Use your axis constraints along with vertex snap to resize the holes and snap them in line with your windows.

There are many ways to cut a hole in a wall for a window. Here is the method I typically use:

I'm not sure what you mean about the realistic view? Are you talking about the Nitrous real time viewport render preview? I use Max 2011 so I don't have Nitrous, but I think you will need to set your Renderer to "Quicksilver" in order to use the Realistic view.

• 2 weeks later...

thanksss it worked with square , but it failed when i did it with the line :/

but heyy

************* second problem is that i cant see the realistic view from that view port thing nor on the plus on the top left of the screen ******* no one aswerd me on this one !! :(

second problem is that i cant see the realistic view from that view port thing nor on the plus on the top left of the screen ******* no one aswerd me on this one !! :(

Uh, yes I did.

I'm not sure what you mean about the realistic view? Are you talking about the Nitrous real time viewport render preview? I use Max 2011 so I don't have Nitrous, but I think you will need to set your Renderer to "Quicksilver" in order to use the Realistic view.