object snap tracking- use distance not coordinates- mac

a1177298

Hi all,

having trouble with object snap tracking.

At times i am given distances from other objects to work with- which is what i am after.

However in some instances only the model space coordinates are displayed- not distances.

Is there any way to ensure that only distances appear?

Cheers.

Having never used a Mac for cad work, I can only ask, if DYNAMIC INPUT is available,

and I am guessing that it must be. On the PC version you can toggle it on and off

with the F12 key, or by clicking on the icon at the bottom of your screen on the status bar.

I hope that helps you. :)

As Dadgad alluded to, you are seeing DYNAMIC INPUT when the coordinates are displayed and when you see the distances, that is the tracking. Turn off DYNAMIC INPUT.

As Dadgad alluded to, you are seeing DYNAMIC INPUT when the coordinates are displayed and when you see the distances, that is the tracking. Turn off DYNAMIC INPUT.

Rob, sounds to me like the OP wants it turned ON, so that it does display the distances. :beer:

I don't use DYNAMIC INPUT but I do use OBJECT TRACKING. I thought that the coordinates were coming from DI. Just checked and I was wrong. They don't come from tracking either. I'm not sure what the OP is seeing.

I don't use DYNAMIC INPUT but I do use OBJECT TRACKING. I thought that the coordinates were coming from DI. Just checked and I was wrong. They don't come from tracking either. I'm not sure what the OP is seeing.

You need to set the DYNAMIC INPUT display settings however you want them to display, a number of options available,

one or two fields at a time, and different feedback. If you right click on the Dynamic Input icon and choose settings you can make all these changes.

distance displed by dynamic input.JPG

dynamic input optional settings.JPG