Missing Solid Hatch in AutoCAD 2011

insight design

I am not sure when but at some point my solid hatch went missing from my CAD is there anyway to get it back? Where would I download this hatch pattern from?

Thanks!

Solid is a standard pattern. Search for ACAD.PAT on your system and open it in a text editor (Notepad will do). You should be able to see Solid defined right at the start of the file - something like this:

;; Note: Dummy pattern description used for 'Solid fill'.

*SOLID, Solid fill

45, 0,0, 0,.125

Despite appearances, that *IS* the definition provided for SOLID.

If you can't find ACAD.PAT or see SOLID within it you should restore the file.

Thanks but my FILLMODE was set to 1. And hugha I don't quite understand your solution. I could not find what you are describing. and if i did how would i restore the file?

thanks Guys!

If you want to know where your AutoCAD hatch pattern file is located on your hard drive type the following EXACTLY as it is shown below:

(findfile"acad.pat")

Then press the Enter key. AutoCAD should return the path.

Did you do a REGEN after checking FILLMODE?

I doubt very much that your acad.pat file is missing the hatch file description unless you edited the file for some reason and deleted it.

Thanks ReMark, I had hair in my eyes.

The circumstances fit FILLMODE=0 far better as DWGS carry along the patterns they use having picked up a copy of their definition from the relevant .PAT file when first referenced.

A missing .PAT file (or pattern within ACAD.PAT) only becomes relevant when attempting to load a new pattern where the pattern won't even be offered in the pattern pick-list.

OP,

1. Windows Explorer has a search function.

2. you can restore a missing AutoCAD standard file (such as ACAD.PAT) by performing a repair install.