how to create surface from point cloud

cios106

I have a point cloud of an excavation surface, i want to create a surface from this points. 3d civil can do it but im not 3d civil user, is there any way to do it in autocad or in 3ds max. Thanks for your suggestions.

AutoCAD 2010. Hmmm. You could look into using Point Cloud for AutoCAD (an AutoCAD plug-in) by a company called SYCODE. There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions. A 7 day license will cost you $19.99.

Point Cloud for AutoCAD can drape a surface over a point cloud or wrap a mesh around a point cloud.

I thought of another option. Download a 30 day trial version of AutoCAD 2014 as it has a point cloud feature included. As posted at the JTBWorld website:

"Point cloud functionality is enhanced in AutoCAD 2014 to support inserting of Point Cloud Project (RCP) and Scan (RCS) files produced by Autodesk ReCap in addition to the previously supported PCG and ISD formats."

AutoCAD 2010. Hmmm. You could look into using Point Cloud for AutoCAD (an AutoCAD plug-in) by a company called SYCODE. There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions. A 7 day license will cost you $19.99.

Point Cloud for AutoCAD can drape a surface over a point cloud or wrap a mesh around a point cloud.

I thought of another option. Download a 30 day trial version of AutoCAD 2014 as it has a point cloud feature included. As posted at the JTBWorld website:

"Point cloud functionality is enhanced in AutoCAD 2014 to support inserting of Point Cloud Project (RCP) and Scan (RCS) files produced by Autodesk ReCap in addition to the previously supported PCG and ISD formats."

Thank you ReMark you are so helpful as always, i will try this ways.