Adding numbers in a schedule

ic_whitehead

Hello,

I work as an electrical designer and am trying to figure out a way to add all of the wattages in a panel schedule, I am using AutoCAD MEP 2013. Currently I fill out the panel schedule and then have to punch every number into my calculator to get a total load for the panel. The panel schedule is not a table. I am very green when it comes to writing lisp routines etc and need some help.

The end goal would be to select "x" amount of mtext that contains numbers and have them all add up correctly and then place the added value as mtext in a certain location. Is there any advice you can provide?

I am trying to find the easiest/quickest way to do the load calculation. Ideally, I would enter the wattage in the corresponding breaker space and have the total load add up as I go (similar to what SUM does in excel).

Okay, so you have some options but it depends on your current workflow.

If you want to let AutoCAD MEP and the Circuit Manager handle your loads, you'll need to use the "MEP" portion of AutoCAD MEP down to the tee. Alternatively, you can use a standard AutoCAD Table and use the simple equation tools but you might hit a wall. Last method, is use the DATALINK command to simply link an Excel file to the AutoCAD file (which can be bi-directional) and use Excel for your calcs. This way you can use VCARD lookup and all that fancy stuff that most electrical engineers plug into their Excel-based panel schedules.

You haven't commented on the details on your workflow, so these three options are the plain and simple ways to approach your need. That I know of, anyways.

• 6 years later...