Loft command problem

miroslav_s

Hi,

I got alittle problem (big for me but I guess little for you). You see I am trying tomake a surface for this front part of the ship. So I decided to use LOFTcommand (is there other command to make this happened or is it just loft?).Now, everything is going good except for the front part of the ship. As you cansee on the picture the surface is not following my lines of the ship. The way Ido it is to select the cross section on by one eand move forward. As you cansee it begins well but the last one is not good. The last part I do it bytyping PO and then I select the the tip (nib,top or how do you call it) of theship and the surface shape is made but unfortunately not the way I want it tobe. The bottom part of the surface is not following the bottom line of theship. See the link to the picture: http://prntscr.com/1s0r5z

So then I choose PATH command by typingP and then I select the bottom line. By doing that I corrected the bottom lineshape but the upper is then drawn wrong. See the Picture: http://prntscr.com/1s0rsc

So what is the right way to do it?Best regards to you all and I hope someone will answer me question and give methe answer.

PS: could not attache the drawing, don´t know why so I put it in my dropbox and here is the public link for download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8906158/front%20part%20of%20the%20ship.dwg

Thanks inadvance to all of you.

Miro

Edited by miroslav_s
attachments

LOFT > POint > Guides

Hi, I saw your post and been trying and trying with the command lines that you wrote but not been able to do it. Could you please explain a Little more detailed how to do it. This is what I did: I select the loft command,then a select the cross section and the press PO, then press enter,select the Point or the intersection (top of the ship) then the autocad makes the Surface and then I type G in the command line and this is where I don´t know what to select. Cause I tried selecting those upper lines or bottom lines but all the time I get the: http://prntscr.com/1s2yct

Thanks,

Miro

Your trouble is probably the type of object you're selecting as the lofting profile, or the guides, and possibly if your guides extend beyond the profile (ie you may need to copy/paste the nose section and trim the guides so they end/begin at the cross-section)

Here's the documentation for Loft (AutoCAD2012) outlining what types of geometry may be used. AutoCAD2012 Documentation - LOFT

Here's a quick demo -->

Be aware there are additional options accessible via "Settings" during LOFT creation, as well as via the Properties Palette after-the-fact to control how the loft is created (

Thanks Nestly, I will look into it. Thanks for all your help

best regards,

Miro

Your trouble is probably the type of object you're selecting as the lofting profile, or the guides, and possibly if your guides extend beyond the profile (ie you may need to copy/paste the nose section and trim the guides so they end/begin at the cross-section)

Here's the documentation for Loft (AutoCAD2012) outlining what types of geometry may be used. AutoCAD2012 Documentation - LOFT

Here's a quick demo -->

Be aware there are additional options accessible via "Settings" during LOFT creation, as well as via the Properties Palette after-the-fact to control how the loft is created (

Just realised that I had some problems with the lines that did not cross eachother so that is why I had problem with the loft command BUT the link to loft video you gave me help me realise my problem. So thank you NESTLY once again for all your help.

Best regard to you

Miro