How to make an existing block annotative

I'd be glad to share it but we primarily use the clients title block as an XREF, not a block. We have one for when we are lead but there is nothing fancy about it, not even one attribute. It's had very little updating since I started here over 10 years ago.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sbeth85

• RobDraw

• jarr3tt88

• adrath

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I make a block for the text items, because my projects are usually more than 20 sheets, and explode it upon insertion. It's a very old school approach. I plan on changing it up with the next AutoCAD project I set-up. I'd like to utilize Sheet Set Manager. So, I will be learning about fields for those items. Making them editable from the SSM.

Yeah, I'd also like to learn abotu SSM, but I'm not there yet.

Ok, I'm trying to fiddle with attributes...

Can anyone tell me why the Advanced Attribute Editor is only available if I click on an attribute once it's already in a block?? This is killing me! I'm trying to design my preliminary title block, so I'm doing ATTDEF to add in attributes one by one... but when I click OK and then see I want to change something, there's no way to go back to the original Attribute editor to change it... I can only change stuff through Properties.

Anyone know a fix?

I don't know of any.

What's wrong with properties? It's a great tool box. I use it for editing all kinds of things.

I like Properties a lot, it's just that when I'm trying to tweak the attribute, I find the original dialogue box that opens a lot more intuitive and comfortable than searching around all the rows of the Properties box. Just me being picky :P