Font correct in style, displays wrong

Tiger

Hi folks,

I have a problem.

I have a computer where the font is set to ISOCP.shx in the Style but displays as ISO.shx. If the MText-window is opened, the text is then displayed as ISOCP but as soon as it is closed, it reverts back to ISO. It happens with blocks, x-refs and mtexts in the drawing.

If I bring the drawing onto my computer, I can fix it. But a few days later, the same problem comes up. If it starts on one drawing, it then continues onto every other MText-object that is opened.

I have tried replacing the font-file with the one from my computer but it doesn't make a difference.

Anyone have any clue what is going on?

If you run (findfile "isocp.shx") at the command line what does AutoCAD return?

What is the value of FONTALT set to?

Could it be related to the Profile being used?

The obvious difference is that ISO is wider, and since the font is primarily used in the drawing stamp (you know, the one with the drawing number, date, what it is and so on) it is very obvious that the font is wrong.

It reads the correct ISOCP.shx font, since it looks right when the MText-editor is active. I will check the FONTALT-variable.

If I fix it on my computer, or the other computer reboots completely, the problem goes away. But it has come back at least three times the last two weeks that I have been made aware of. And at least one of those times, it didn't go away when he rebooted the computer.

My best guess right now is that is a graphics and/or hardware problem. But since that is not something that I can prove without a doubt, it's hard to convince him that that might be the case.

• 3 years later...

Was there ever a fix for this problem?

I am having the same issue suddenly, and I cannot find a fix.

So frustrating.

How did this happen? Scratching my head......

For what it's worth:

I use PDF2CAD V.11. I had just converted a PDF file to CAD, and used the 'font mapping' feature (without any real luck). I had, however, tried to map STANDARD font to MYFONT.shx, and then copied and pasted the portion of the CAD plan (which was previously PDF) into my current AutoCAD drawing. This process seemed to override my font in AutoCAD. It would appear correct inside the MTEXT window, but once I exited out of the window, it would revert back to the incorrect font. This was throughout my entire .dwg - whether MTEXT of not. It would also print with the incorrect font. I ended up deleting the items I had pasted into my plan, did a purge, then saved and restarted.

Everything is now corrected. I have never had a pasted item override anything having to do with fonts before, and I do this quite a bit. It must have had to do with the 'font mapping' in PDF2CAD. I would have assumed AutoCAD would not allow this, but it did.

Frustrating, but glad it's fixed.

No more font mapping in PDF2CAD for me.