inventor 2014 issue

andar424

When I go to save or open a drawing, my isometric view loads in as a big black box. I can double click the view, change it to the non color option, back to color, click ok, and then it shows back up like my normal iso's with color. Anyone else having this issue?

don't mind the white square, i added that. the black square however, is the issues i'm having. This is a freshly opened drawing from right clicking in the part tree and "open drawing." I did a quick search for any updates, installed them, and then also updated my graphics card driver.

drawingissue_zps873657f2.jpg

thanks for any help!

JD - yes, i rebooted last evening and the problem is still there today. i also have noticed a decent amount of graphics issues in drawings. when placing your initial views, hidden lines aren't displaying correctly right away.

Do you have the latest driver for your graphics card?

Have you installed Update 1?

Try going to Tools>Application Options and set on lowest setting.

Yes, I forgot there was 2 updates and it would not allow you to install it if it didn't also include 1.

Based on experience of past years - I would expect SP1 to be available soon.

JD - I'm getting an error when I try to install.

SERVICEPACKERROR_zpsc4687b77.jpg

I'm running "Inventor Professional 2014" (64 bit). I've downloaded the 64 bit service pack, but it's not seeing it on my machine?

... but it's not seeing it on my machine?

I don't know what that means?

I always download to a location I choose and I always download only - and then install myself rather than download and install in one operation.

I installed Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2014, and am running Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 64-bit Edition. In my "About Autodesk Inventor Professional" window from the help/question mark icon in the upper right corner of the screen is where I'm getting this (see screen shot).

informationscreenshot_zpscbbede83.jpg

I see in the "Build:" there is a SP1, does this mean I'm already running it? I've only installed Update 2 on my own and nothing more.

JD - I mean the installer, it's not seeing the proper software on my machine to do the install hence why I'm getting this message. Have you installed with no issues?

You've got a beta version of Service Pack 1 installed already. I'm guessing you had HSM Express Beta 7 installed at some point? This included Build 217, and didn't tell you that it was installing it. It caused a fair amount of confusion at one point for the beta testers that were in both programs.

You need to uninstall SP1 Beta Build 217 before you can install the full service pack. You do NOT need to uninstall the HSM Express Beta first, though.

I don't blame you now! I'll probably do the same next time around. Do you happen to know how to uninstall a service pack? Like the post from Bishop pointed out, I did have HSM Beta installed (uninstalled it this morning). I tried again after that with no luck.

I don't blame you now! I'll probably do the same next time around. Do you happen to know how to uninstall a service pack? Like the post from Bishop pointed out, I did have HSM Beta installed (uninstalled it this morning). I tried again after that with no luck.

It's not the HSM Beta you need to uninstall - it's the SP1 Beta that they didn't tell you they were installing. Go to your normal uninstall thingy under Programs and Features, then click on the button that I've circled in blue. Find the Inventor SP1 Beta Build 217 entry there, and uninstall that. I'd actually recommend re-installing the HSM beta before installing SP1, if you think you're going to play with it anymore. Otherwise, you might get some errors later, when it can't reinstall the service pack beta.

uninstall 1.jpg

Thanks Bishop! I did a few Google searches as well and got it taken care of. I think I'm just going to wait to play with HSM again. Hopefully a new beta will include the official SP1 and I won't see any issues.

Thanks again guys!

Thanks Bishop! I did a few Google searches as well and got it taken care of. I think I'm just going to wait to play with HSM again. Hopefully a new beta will include the official SP1 and I won't see any issues.

Thanks again guys!

Glad you got it sorted!