ACMPARTREF and Object snaps

NirantarVidyarthee

I have inserted a part reference (AcadMech 2011). But I am not able to snap to the insertion point of it.

Doesn't the PartRef have snap point(s)?

Or am I missing something?

I am not a very experienced user of Acad mech.

The osnaps are on and all osnaps have been enabled.

Thanks, but it didn't work.

I have never used Mechanical, how did you insert it?

Are all of your other OSNAPS working as you would expect them to?

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks, but it didn't work.

Zoom way out, hit RE to regenerate, and zoom way out again.

With your part really tiny in the middle of your screen, try to snap to it again, and you will likely find that the Insertion point is quite a bit further away than you would have guessed.

Have you tried any one of the thing you are suggesting? Or are you just guessing? Because none of what you describe is relevant to the problem - the insertion point is at the center of PartRef.

By the way, this is not MEP, but AutoCAD Mechanical.

Have you tried any one of the thing you are suggesting? Or are you just guessing? Because none of what you describe is relevant to the problem - the insertion point is at the center of PartRef.

By the way, this is not MEP, but AutoCAD Mechanical.

I use Autocad Vanilla, and yes I checked the Insertion point snap issue which you were having, and at first I was unable to snap to the insertion point of an XRef which I inserted, until I did just what I suggested that you do.

Sorry that it did not solve your problem.

Frequently when you run ALL of your available OSNAPS the NEAREST and or PERPENDICULAR osnaps tend to send everything else to the back of the OSNAP selection hierarchy, and for that reason I suggested you not run ALL of your Osnaps, if you didn't really need to run them all, and were having a problem with the acquisition of one particular OSNAP.

Hey it is Saturday night where I am, I think I will go get a life now, good luck with your problem, hopefully somebody smart will come along and be able to help you. :|

You might want to update the information on your profile to reflect your current software.

OK.

In found the answer in an old post about similar problem. "AutoCad 2010 & AutoCad Mechanical 2010 Dimension Question".

"There is a filter to exclude dimensions in your Power Snap Settings, uncheck it."

In case of PartRef, uncheck the 'Symbol' in the filterlist.

Options > AM-Preferences > Snap Defaults > Filter Options

InsPtPref.PNG

OK.

In found the answer in an old post about similar problem. "AutoCad 2010 & AutoCad Mechanical 2010 Dimension Question".

"There is a filter to exclude dimensions in your Power Snap Settings, uncheck it."

In case of PartRef, uncheck the 'Symbol' in the filterlist.

Options > AM-Preferences > Snap Defaults > Filter Options

Glad you were able to figure it out. :|