how to delete viewport border line in paper space

cmuraztaz

Welcome to CADTutor. :) You want to click on LAYER PROPERTIES MANAGER, or on the dropdown layer list, and select VIEWPORT FREEZE for the layer upon which you have placed your viewport.

viewport freeze your mview layer.jpg

UPDATE: i just figure out that i must create the layer...so that i know what the layer what it is...but when i vp freeze the border line and double click outside and then double click inside the view port and when i want to show the border line it doesn't work...can any one how to figure it out??

UPDATE: i just figure out that i must create the layer...so that i know what the layer what it is...but when i vp freeze the border line and double click outside and then double click inside the view port and when i want to show the border line it doesn't work...can any one how to figure it out??
Are you referring to the actual viewport border or the title block/drawing border? If it is the actual viewport itself, what I do is create a layer just for my viewports and keep only the viewports on that layer. Then, in the layer properties list I click on the little printer icon for that layer. This is the No Plot switch for the layer. Then, the viewport borders are always visible in paperspace, but they do not print out on the actual paper.

sir i found some template files and i don't know how he do this..screen.jpg

and if i click the plot this is what happen..

screen2.jpg

can anyone teach me how to figure this out..its big help to me...

and thanks to quick reply for every one..

the column you have circled stuff in......that 'plot' setting determines if the layer is plotted or not (defpoints layer is set by autocad as a no-plot layer and cannot be changed, but other layers can be plotted or not plotted as you wish).

stick your vp on a non-plot layer. leave it there.

if you want a viewport border (sometimes it's nice to have one,sometimes not), then draw one over your vp border on a plotting layer (and EG name it 'Titles')

reserve no-plot layers for stuff you never ever want to plot....eg i use mainly 2 no-plot layers, vp and dims (where i put my construction geometry rather than dims as such).

generally the plot/no-plot setting is then left aone. the visibility of other objects is usually controlled by freezing/thawing - either globally or 'per viewport'..

have a play on a new drawing.

hth

post #7 explains it quite well doesn't it?

Edited by mikekmx

What exactly are you having trouble trying to figure out?

Most AutoCAD users will create a separate and distinct layer for their viewports via the Layer Properties Manager. They will also set this layer, as has been mentioned, not to print. When a red diagonal line is seen going through the printer icon that is what it means (no print).

It is possible in any given viewport to make some layers not display by using the Viewport Freeze (VP Freeze) option found, once again, in the Layer Properties Manager.

master dana w. can u post a picture how to make like what you said....because i cant figure out...sorry cause im newbie...:roll:

step-by-step:

do you know how to create a new layer?

if so...start a new dwg and do so. name it vp.......colour: yellow is good. don't do or change anything eles for now

just give your viewport a layer name (say for example vp ) on the layer table find the layer vp then click the small icon same as printer then thats it. your view port now is not printable.

have a nice day