Missing text

reyems

When I open my drawing all the text and dimensioning is missing. The fonts are all in the correct folder and when my colleague, in a different city, opens the file (from the same sever) everything shows up on his drawing.

Is there a value setting that I have to change? Really appreciate any help you can provide!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reyems

• Dadgad

• Tyke

• Tuns

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've tried both model and paper. This is a file from an architect. When I look at the Text Style menu none of their styles has a check in the annotative box.

What is your ANNOALLVISIBLE system variable set to?

check your annoallvisible setting.JPG

Could it be that your drawing area colour is the same as the text? On a copy of your drawing use QSELECT to select all the text objects in the drawing and try setting their colour to a contrast to your graphics window background colour. Your colleague could just have a different colour to you.

What is your ANNOALLVISIBLE system variable set to?

The OP said

...none of their styles has a check in the annotative box
so the ANNOALLVISIBLE sysvar would have no effect.

The OP said so the ANNOALLVISIBLE sysvar would have no effect.

I believe the TEXT STYLES were described as non-annotative?

There was no mention of Dimension styles.

I am inclined to suspect that, as you opined the text color may be the culprit, and that perhaps it should be set to 7. :)

It's actually a problem with every drawing in this folder. There are about 130 drawing files and 5 text fonts. Text will not appear in any of these drawings (however, as I mentioned earlier, it works for my colleague). Any other drawing I open, from other jobs, or from the same architect - they all work fine for me.

yes, this has been a problem for months. I thought the file was corrupt. It was only this morning that I realized someone else was able to see the text and dimensions.