about raster image reference..

ismiflori

I've attached pictures in the cad file.. but once it was sent through email.. picture is gone...

how can i attached pictures in the file in such a way that it won't be lost even if i send it through email...

see attached file.. it appears like this after sending it...

lost pic.jpg

You need to insert the image as OLE object.

Open an image editor (MS Paint is good enough), open the image. Select all then copy to clipboard (ctrl + C)

Then paste the image in your AutoCAD drawing. You can use ctrl + V or PASTESPEC.

Save that image on your directory where you have saved your drawing... By external reference reload that image file. it will get attached to the box automatically where you have kept previously. and if you want to send drawing by mail then keep image file in attachment to open drawing properly with image file in other system, otherwise it'll give same error which you got now.

Ping back again If you have any more doubts regarding this.

Edited by satishrajdev

You need to insert the image as OLE object.

Open an image editor (MS Paint is good enough), open the image. Select all then copy to clipboard (ctrl + C)

Then paste the image in your AutoCAD drawing. You can use ctrl + V or PASTESPEC.

this thing doesn't work.. the so called pastespec... don't know why.. ctrl+c then ctrl + v .. just can't use it..

Save that image on your directory where you have saved your drawing... By external reference reload that image file. it will get attached to the box automatically where you have kept previously. and if you want to send drawing by mail then keep image file in attachment to open drawing properly with image file in other system, otherwise it'll give same error which you got now.

Ping back again If you have any more doubts regarding this.

i've been doing this process.. thanks though.. but what i really wanted is how to make the picture as part of the cad file, not just an attachment. :)

I followed the steps which edwinprakoso has suggested, it is working here for me.....

1. Open Image file in MSPAINT.

2. Press CTRL+A to select image borders.

3. CTRL+C to copy the image.

4. IN Autocad goto Edit-> Paste Special-> Picture (Metafile)......and insert the image

The inserted image will be a OLE object, it'll be a part of your CAD file

Try it

I've attached pictures in the cad file.. but once it was sent through email.. picture is gone...

As the title of your post indicates, images are references, not embedded in the drawing file database.

OLE images are embedded, but have problems of their own.

Just use etransmit and send the referenced image along with the drawing.

There are also 3rd party tools that convert the image to native AutoCAD geometry.

What happens if you type ETRANSMIT?

lots of things came out.. didn't know what to do.. hahahaha!

maybe you can teach me about etransmit.. my first time to encounter such command..

I followed the steps which edwinprakoso has suggested, it is working here for me.....

1. Open Image file in MSPAINT.

2. Press CTRL+A to select image borders.

3. CTRL+C to copy the image.

4. IN Autocad goto Edit-> Paste Special-> Picture (Metafile)......and insert the image

The inserted image will be a OLE object, it'll be a part of your CAD file

Try it

this thing works.. thanks a lot..

lots of things came out.. didn't know what to do.. hahahaha!

maybe you can teach me about etransmit.. my first time to encounter such command..

Did you even bother to try?

Look up ETRANSMIT in AutoCAD help, or search the internet on it.