Why do Inventor Projects turn into (read only)??

beardrafter

I'm setting up vault and networked settings for Inventor 2014. When I start a "New Vault Project"... after a few days or so.. it turns into a (read only) project and i can't adjust any of the Folder Options or File locations.

It doesn't matter if i have another project selected as current or if i'm logged into Vault or not.

I have all Admin uses on the vault and the computer. Other Single User projects are ok to adjust.

I'd hate to have to create a New project everytime I want to adjust something.

Does anyone know how to keep vault projects open to change?

Is this a default setting after you create a vault project... you can't change it?

thanks

Capture.PNG

I figured it out... just find the Project.ipj file on the hard drive and RC for properties and uncheck the "Read Only". I guess vault might change it to read only.

That's strange behaviour. It sounds like it's just your account. Has it happened to over projects since you unchecked it, or have you had to do it for other projects?