Using drawn symbols in a table

JnrCADTech

Hi,

I've had a look on the net for the answer to this and I've yet to find anything that solves my problem.

I work for an electrical company, so obviously there's plenty of symbols that are used on our drawings. Now, I want to create a legend of all the symbols we use, but I want to put them in a table. Is there any way of doing it, so that rows can be hidden but not lost from the table?

Does this even make any sense? I'm not good when it comes to explaining things. :?

Is this legend for inclusion on your drawings? Can you explain how and why you want hidden rows?

My guess is that you could try to make a dynamic block with some kind of visibilty parameter, but not sure how to apply it to your requirements.

Will each row only contain symbols grouped for a particular type of drawing? In which case it may be better to create separate blocks for each row of symbols.

Easy to find out. Use the TABLE command to create a new table. Activate a cell and try inserting a block into it. What happens? Should take less than 60 seconds to do.

I want to hide them so I don't have to keep deleting them and re-adding them on future drawings.

I want one column on the table to have the symbol next to it, and the other column to have the symbol.

I tried something similar to that but it didnt seem to work properly.

I'll give it another go. Im new to this so i really have no idea what im doing.

My guess is it won't work at all.

I would either create a master sheet with all my symbols on it then use the Design Center to drag-n-drop them into my drawing or I would create a series of custom tool palettes and populate them with my symbols.

My guess is it won't work at all.

I would either create a master sheet with all my symbols on it then use the Design Center to drag-n-drop them into my drawing or I would create a series of custom tool palettes and populate them with my symbols.

Appreciate the help.