Multiple Title Blocks used in one project

geoffreyh88

We build a complete machine lines using AutoCAD Electrical2013. In each machine there could be up to 65 different control panels, each controlpanel section is linked together and is drawing under the same project “roof”.We currently use a different drawing number for each control panel and withdoing that, each control panel could be at a different revision then the other.We are implementing the cross referencing between each control panel using thecomplete functionality of AutoCAD Electrical 2013, but the problem is: When thecomplete machine line is purchased, there could be over 3000 different propertiesthat need to be updated across the machine lines. I have been struggling toreduce the update time for the title blocks. For a 4 page project section (3pages with only 1 title block each and then the layout page that contains 9 title blocks), it takes approximately14 minutes. When I run the update acrossthe entire project, well currently in my test project, I have 288 pages and 4pages per section a total of 72 sections, which means the title block updatetime is almost 17 hours.

Is there anyone else that has different drawings numbers,revisions, revision history etc. inside of the same project inside of AutoCAD Electrical?Any suggestions would be helpful.