Embedded Tiffs

Acemon

I'm currently using Map 3D 2012 on a company server. I typically create drawings with a tiff in model space. If I use the attach command, the tiff appears as an xref, meaning if I move the drawing without moving the tiff, the image link is lost.

Due to the company server configuration, I can't insert the tiff as an ole. I also can't use etransmit to keep everything together.

What I need is a method to embed the tiff itself within the drawing. I understand the file size will increase but that's the price I'll have to pay

I have tried using iembed but mostly without success. However... I somehow managed to make it work but can't repeat it. Attached is a copy of that drawing.

If anyone can "reverse engineer" the drawing and explain what I did, I'd sure appreciate. So will my boss.

test.dwg

If anyone can "reverse engineer" the drawing and explain what I did

You simply embedded the image thru Raster Design, therefore your TEST.DWG won't be readable unless having Object Enabler installed.

If copy-and-paste, URL link, OLE are not good for you, there's no solution, I'm sorry.

smile.gif