AutoCAD MEP 2014 - random saves to unspecified file format

erratic

Not sure how this is happening but... this only happens to the projects that I work on (I am the only MEP user in the office) but for some reason a few of the engineers in the office have to get me to open & save a file that is not generating via xref attachment. The files are getting listed as "incompatible version" & of course not loading. All I have to do is open as save since we save our files back to 2010 format, NOT the newer 2013 format. However, some files as mentioned above get randomly switched to the undesired format - 2013. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else having this issue? Am I even explaining it correctly..?

All thoughts welcome :?

Side note: the "engineers" mentioned above are each using AutoCAD LT. One on 2011 & two on 2012. I have suggested they update to the 2014 LT but regardless I'd like to know what the eff is going on here. Thanks for at least listening to my short rant.

8)

Current settings:

Demand load: Enabled with copy

Retain changes to xref layers - CHECKED

Allow other users to Refedit current drawing - CHECKED.

I've always had "enabled w/ copy" turned on but the others I cannot recall.

Now this is what I think is the culprit. I do not consciously use the Autodesk 360 service, but I keep getting prompted to update it. I don't use it (that I know of) so I just ignore it. How the heck to I uninstall it? It is not listed under installed programs...?

Leaning towards the XEDIT system variable as the problem - default is "1". If that is the problem, thanks to "rkent" for that tip. It seems to be a drawing dependent setvar, which is annoying IMO, so I guess I'll add that setting to be "0" in my templates as well as my setup commands. Hopefully that fixes it.

Leaning towards the XEDIT system variable as the problem - default is "1". If that is the problem, thanks to "rkent" for that tip. It seems to be a drawing dependent setvar, which is annoying IMO, so I guess I'll add that setting to be "0" in my templates as well as my setup commands. Hopefully that fixes it.

Someone else gets the credit for that one, Nestly I guess.

Someone else gets the credit for that one, Nestly I guess.

Yup, my bad. That was Nestly. But the problem seems to be the "enabled w/ copy" setting. I changed that to be the current setting - it was on "enabled". I thought it was already on "w. copy", as that is my typical setting for that. Anyway, so far so good. Thanks again for entertaining my nonsense.