Explain the relationship between CAD and other software/hardware used in construction

deann3g

Hi everyone.

Could someone help please help me out with my assighnment please? The qeustion is: Explain the relationship between CADD and other

software/hardware used in construction.

thanks

Well one could integrate a CAD program with say MS Excel to create a bill of materials although some more advanced programs have the capability built right into them.

The construction industry can benefit from CAD when a project is designed in 3D. The 3D model becomes the source of all information as accurate plans, elevations, sections and details can be derived from a single source.

Building Information Modeling (BIM) helps to reduce construction costs.

Design site earthworks (e.g. a BMX track) in Civil 3D. Upload the 3D model to the computer built into the grader and the grader then uses machine control to automatically grade (in x, y, z) the real physical surface to match the designed surface.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Mohamad uk: Dean3g posted his thread more than six years ago.  That thread and his one reply are the only posts he ever made.  I doubt very much you will be receiving an answer from him.