Web hosting

steven-g

Does anyone have any pointers of things to look out for when finding a web host, I'm learning to create web pages, and have the outline for a site, and I want to get it started, probably won't be going live for a while yet, but I want to get something up and running to start testing a few ideas. I'd be really interested to hear any horror stories of things to avoid. As well as any tips for finding a reliable host.

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but what is your website, what services does it provide?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steven-g

• pqphillips

• SLW210

• Organic

At the moment it is still in the outline stages, but it will be aimed at Autocad LT and how to get the most out of it, using Excel as well. At the moment I'm still learning HTML, CSS and FLASH amongst other things.

More or less, I have the site and I'm testing layouts and seeing which browsers support what, it's not as straight forward as I thought, anyway I have quite a lot of the site mapped out, it's going to be a lot of self paced tutorials using flash (possibly html5). I'm hoping to have it running at the start of next year.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

Well first of all, we need to check our minimum requirements for our project, sometimes programmers needs specific apps to work: (Apache Modules, cronjobs, Ruby, cPanel, Softaculous, etc.)

It's important to verify that our new hosting provider give to us all information about limitations of service, really the price is not the main goal. We need to purchase a hosting plan and forget everything until the renew period, this is my main goal.

I always use shared hosting for many projects, some of the shared hosting providers that i'm using are:

Those are my main shared hosting providers. Sometimes i use OVH.com for virtual private servers.

I hope it helps!

Best Regards

I use HostGator. They've got a LOT of features and their tech support is both top notch and available 24/7.

When I say 24/7, I mean 24/7. I had an issue once that required an immediate fix... at 11:30 at night on Christmas Eve. They were there and they got me squared away in no time.

You can't beat that kind of service.

I am highly appreciate with you.

I am also using HostGator hosting and I really enjoyed their services and support.

HostGator is world famous for their support system and had affordable web hosting packages. :D