Project Navigator Sections and Elevations

emptymirror

Have been using Project Navigator, built a three story structure... went to create a 3D Model and my roof appears to be floating a good distance above where it should be! See Picture!Floating Roof.JPG Went through each of the floors and clicked on properties and they all appear to have the correct Y setting but nothing...

At one point was able to move the roof to sit where it was supposed too, but when I generated my elevations, it was back in the air?

Suggestions?

I have more pictures with the properties of each floor but didn't want to bog down the system by uploading 6 pictures!o:)

Thanx for reading!

When you create your Levels, you must ensure the Constructs are being built on the proper Level. Have you gone back and rechecked each elevation, and which Construct is associated with the proper Level?

What happens is when you create the final model, it XREF's each Construct in @ a Z elevation based on the Levels selected. Check those and reply back. Also, don't be shy in uploading images... do as you please! :)

With the level of detail you're doing in ACA with AEC Objects, you should also consider looking into the Revit platform.

Seems to me that your Constructs are importing just fine. Are you certain that your roof isn't higher than in should be in the Construct file? Any offset applied by chance? The reason I assume is because the insertion basepoint of the Construct seems to line up with the top of 2nd Floor just fine.

So I went to take a look at the constructs again.... I changed the PLATE HEIGHT on the roof object to 3' to match the Levels tab, and suspiciously the roof got closer to the second floor! ...Posting that image.[ATTACH=CONFIG]44350[/ATTACH]

What is the learning curve for Revit? :facepalm:

So I went to take a look at the constructs again.... I changed the PLATE HEIGHT on the roof object to 3' to match the Levels tab, and suspiciously the roof got closer to the second floor! ...Posting that image.[ATTACH=CONFIG]44350[/ATTACH]
Can't see the attachment.*
What is the learning curve for Revit? :facepalm:
Definitely has a learning curve, however since you're using ACA it'll be easier for you to pick up. AutoCAD Architecture got all of its intuitiveness from Revit, actually. Project Navigator, Levels, Sheet Set Manager, Sections and Elevation Tools, AEC Objects (Walls, Windows, Doors, Roofs, etc), Dynamic Blocks, Style Manager, Display Manager, the whole nine yards.

Most if not all people who pick up Revit never go back to AutoCAD or ACA.