System variable problem in eachand every drawing in Auto cad 2012

isutheparambil

Dear all,

Pl. some one can tell me about the problem i am facing now in my office pc, that in my user while i am open any drawing i need to change all system variables each time. ie, i need to reset zoom factor, mbuttonpan etc ... in each drawing. if i read the svf file saved from other pc also getting the same problem while open the next drawing.pl. give me a solution to solve this issue if some one knows about this issue.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• isutheparambil

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I came across this at Shawn Hurley's website.

Two files, defaults.svf and defaults.scr, are installed in the Express directory along with the System Variable Editor. These files contain AutoCAD's the default system variable settings for a new installation of AutoCAD. To return AutoCAD to a 'pristine' system variable state you can either read the defaults.svf file into SYSVDLG or run the defaults.scr file from the AutoCAD command line using the SCRIPT command. Be aware that this will overwrite any system variable settings in the drawing you are currently editing.

Dear,

from where i can save the file defaults.scr....pl. explain how can.. svf file i can from express tool. but how can i save a scr file..pl. let me know....

CreateSVFfile.JPG

Go to Express Tools > Tools > System Variable Editor.

Or you can type sysvdlg at the command line then press the Enter key to open the same window.

Are you running any script files? If two computers are being affected then something is causing it.

Thank you..for your prompt replay..

but the thing as u told, i done it , unfortunately when i open the next drawing ...the same issue found.. this is something different..

i load from express both svf and scr files as u told. but that is effecting only the present drawing only. when i open an other file, it is same as before,...

Then try this.

Shut down AutoCAD completely. Then restart AutoCAD. Open a new drawing. Either load the default.svf file (as mentioned by Shawn Hurley) or load a .svf file that has all your particular settings (assuming you even have one).

Does it work as expected? If "yes" then open one of your other drawings that you have already worked on in the past. What happens?

You returned to the same sysvdlg window and used the Read button to load the defaults.svf file? Yes or no?

Are you on a network?

Are you using any script files?

Did you start with the defaults.svf file like I told you? Do you know where it is located?

Dear,

I tried all as you told me, but no use...

apart from the mentioned, i have an important thing to tell you that i am using a network server inside our office, but that is not a remote server, and the other thing is when i am using the same pc with other user it is working as usual. but only the thing is it is not working in the specified user only. and some of other network users also this problem effecting now gradually.

OPTIONS, Enter, PROFILES tab at the right hand end of tabs in options.

See what PROFILE is current, if available choose another PROFILE, then SET CURRENT, OK.

This is not meant to imply that previous posts are incorrect, but something to consider, or investigate.

If you have no other available PROFILES which you can set surrent?

Try the RESET button.

Selecting a PROFILE from OPTIONS.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

not working....i tried all... when i reset from option menu, it is problem. otherwise i can work present file...only...