Autocad Arch...What's wrong with my doors and windows?

97catintenn

How do I make my doors and windows look normal? The windows are the default 3'x5' and the doors are a default 3'x7'. Also when looking at the house plan in birds eye view, the windows are not visible.

Look below,

thanks

house2.jpg

house2.dwg

Are these custom window styles, or the standard ones?

dJE

I gotta say that at this point in time, they are looking pretty custom!

Sorry, the devil made me say that. :|

Might I add, that earlier I did open your drawing hoping I might be able to shed some light,

but none was forthcoming.

I knew somebody would be better equipped than I to try and resolve your problem,

No doubt Dan will be able to get you back on the tracks! :beer:

Well I think I found your problem...

Screenshot_1.jpg

Your door and frame dims are "a bit" off ;)

Select your item in a 3D view and then click on "Edit Style" in the panel above. Here you will get this dialog box to make the needed changes to your door and window styles.

I have just started ordering some nice hardwood windows and frames for the house I am building, great fun.

I CONSIDERED using 10 inch thick glass for them, but I also wanted to be able to open them,

and since my walls are only 6 inches thick I decided to go with 5mm thick glass instead. :beer:

I have just started ordering some nice hardwood windows and frames for the house I am building, great fun.

I CONSIDERED using 10 inch thick glass for them, but I also wanted to be able to open them,

and since my walls are only 6 inches thick I decided to go with 5mm thick glass instead. :beer:

My windows are 10" double glazed. They save a lot in HVAC operational costs. It'll only take me 563 years to recover the $3000,000.00 the windows cost me.

Your door and frame dims are "a bit" off ;)

That's it! For some reason that's what cad is defaulting to. I changed my settings on my drawing and that solved my problem. But then I opened a new drawing, drew a wall and added a window...same problem. 10" glass again!

Is it because I'm not starting off with a template?

That's it! For some reason that's what cad is defaulting to. I changed my settings on my drawing and that solved my problem. But then I opened a new drawing, drew a wall and added a window...same problem. 10" glass again!

Why do you choose to nut use a standard Architectural template?

What is your QNEW (default for new drawing template) set to now, in OPTIONS, on the FILES tab, Template Settings?

Well you are starting off with some template, just not a good one. ;)

Your default one has some funky settings in it or your default window and door style has been messed with. Start looking there.