Dynamic Blocks

vpatterson

top and bottom is what I want it to do middle is what I do not want it to do. and also if you stretch it enough the bubble detaches its self from the block? does anyone know why?

It will only detach if you stretch the top below the bottom like that. I know why in my head but I'm having worlds of trouble thinking of a way to explain.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vpatterson

• Tuns

• bbankston

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will only detach if you stretch the top below the bottom like that. I know why in my head but I'm having worlds of trouble thinking of a way to explain.

I think I have the detaching problem fixed.... :) but now when I add the flip so the arrow and bubble flip it looks as if it flips my parameters instead of the bubble. I solve one problem and another arises :?

Well, do you have the center point for the flip on the bubble or on the extension line? If you center it on the bubble it will look exactly the same while only flipping the parameters.

Can you post a file with the current block? It will be easier to figure out if I can see it. Seems odd that it wont flip the bubble but it will flip the parameters.

She's almost done with it. I explained to her that it doesn't need a flip action for the detail bubble nor does it need the directional arrow. So it works great now. The only thing she has left to do is add in the part where you double click it you can input section cut number and page number. I've tasked her with dissecting a good title block to figure it out on her own. That's what I did and I believe that it is a good way for her to understand how it works. Correct me if I'm wrong, CADTutor peeps.

That's the best way honestly. I learned how to do these blocks by looking at what Steven and Mwade posted here. I'm the only one at this company that actually knows how to do any of these things so there really wasn't any other way to learn how. Don't forget to teach macro's and Diesel too. :)

It's the other way around. Diesel's are a part of macro's. They're just math functions that can be used in a macro to get whatever value you're looking for. There's more to it than that but that's for another thread.