Cadduct blocks

salabaloony

I am trying to create my own ctext blocks and associating them with Cadduct pieces. For example i would like an automated insulation tag and pressure tag attached to a piece of straight duct how would i do this? are there any tutorials on this out there? thanks in advance.

Thanks. I guess what i am after is a list of numbers which reference the properties within the cad-duct piece itself. I.E creating an insulation tag that displays the insulation properties that are located in the cad-duct properties of the piece itself. If that makes any sense?

I am aware of using the command "attdef" and adding a "attribute-1" and using the "description list' i can report anything that is in the first menu of the cadduct piece. What i cannot do is run a report searching for the insulation thickness of that particular piece of duct, and any of the information which is located on the second menu of a selected cad-duct piece. For example, if i open up the menu for a straight piece of duct, i can assume in the first menu, that the list of editable cells will report as 1,2 & 3. These will usually be Number, Size 1 & size 2. Number 4 would be the length. However what i want to achieve is to remove the insulation properties from the duct, with a sexy tag stating for example (INT) (50) how would i set up my block firstly, and how do i set up the report?

• 2 weeks later...

Since you are using cad-duct I am going to assume you are using AMEP. The information about the insulation thickness should be stored in a property set. When you click on the duct and go to properties, on the extended data tab, you should see a property about the insulation. That is the data that you want to pull into your tag.

Here is a youtube video about property sets and tags that should be helpfull.

Be sure to watch all four parts.

I think you may be using Vanilla AutoCAD commands and tricks to try and retrieve information that you can only get using the tools of AMEP and ACA

Also keep in mind that I don't know anything about Cad-Duct, MEP just a little.