Is there someway to run Lisp Routines in LT?

g-druck

Hi, I use LT most of the time, every now and then I need to run a Lisp Routine.

So I save the file into my old version of AutoCAD Full... Run the Lisp Routine.

It would be so much more convenient to just run it in LT :)

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• PotGuy

• Tyke

• g-druck

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer: Technically...No.

You could buy an add-on program called CADSTA that purports to give LT users access to lisp (amongst other things) but that means spending more money. Is it worth it to you?

I thought Auto Desk has an add-on that lets LT use LISP. Other than the full version that is.

Not as far as I know. If you find it be sure to let us know.

No, LT to my knowledge does NOT support LISP routines nor will do in the future.

I think at one point there was a company working on making LISPS available (Was it CADSTA?) who were given a legal Cease and Desist letter as it was illegal to attempt it.

Autodesk are very edgy on this subject when it comes to LT and LISP enabling.

Also, why not use AutoCAD full only rather than work in LT and AutoCAD, even if it's an older version? Can't just ask for it to be saved down to your version most of the time?

Well if they got the letter they must have thrown it away. CADSTA is still up and running and from all outward appearances it looks like you can still get a copy of CADSTA Tools for $395 U.S.

AutoCAD LT 2014 just like its predecessors is missing support for LISP applications.

Maybe it's a different company I'm thinking of then. I do remember a company receiving that letter though as it was in one of our old threads.

The program was called the LT ToolKit if I am not mistaken. I think the company was drcauto out of Australia.

Interesting. A former employee of drcauto, Leonard Liang, is the person who started up CADSTA. Pretty ballsy of him.

Maybe it's a different company I'm thinking of then. I do remember a company receiving that letter though as it was in one of our old threads.

There was the LT-Extender from Thorsten Moses in Berlin. They got warned off from Autodesk, stopped selling the software and gave Autodesk a list of everybody who had downloaded the trial version. Autodesk in turn wrote to everyone on the list and in no uncertain terms threatened them not to use it any more. I know because I got one of the letters. We had tried it but as native AutoCAD LISP would not run on it and LT was only on a laptop used by the survey crews, who didn't absolutely need LISP, we dumped it.

The CADSTA program looks interesting. Going to dnload the $30 Trial to see what it can do and then if it works well going to ask my employer to purchase it. This way it cost nothing to me 8)

There was the LT-Extender from Thorsten Moses in Berlin. They got warned off from Autodesk, stopped selling the software and gave Autodesk a list of everybody who had downloaded the trial version. Autodesk in turn wrote to everyone on the list and in no uncertain terms threatened them not to use it any more. I know because I got one of the letters. We had tried it but as native AutoCAD LISP would not run on it and LT was only on a laptop used by the survey crews, who didn't absolutely need LISP, we dumped it.

Ding Ding Ding!

We have the winning company name I was thinking of!

• 3 months later...

Progecad 2013 professional is less than half the price of Autocad LT with full support of lisp. I use it along with LT. Is a good alternative if you looked at economics.

Also worth noting is a CAD program called BabaCAD which purports to support lisp although from what I have read that support is somewhat limited as it is a work-in-progress.