Starting Point

waterman1970

Hi i am trying to do Olsens Village and I have done everything and ready to draw but the bench mark is

This benchmark is located at the northeast

corner of the intersection of SW Washington Street and

SW Oleson Road. The coordinates for the benchmark are

1421334.93,783207.62. and i do not know how to get this point on my screen with these coord and i set my limits up to be 0.0000 and 2000000, i need to get this on the screen to get moving any help would be great

The Oleson Village project has been covered, in depth, in the Student Project Questions forum of the AutoCAD Beginner's Area.

This thread should get you headed in the right direction...http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?75731-Penn-Foster-Student-Suffering-with-Oleson-Village-Map!!!

Im working on the oleson village for pennfoster. having trouble with the intersection of the two roads sw85th avenue and sw village lane. I put the coordinates in 1421130.30,783628.70 and it does not show me where they meet or are at?

yes I checked it out read all of them, I reread all the instructions and still not luck. also im not sure where to put lot 7 and 8. It gives the dimensions but does not tell where to put them

I'd have to look at the instructions. It's been a while. However, there are images (a couple I have posted myself) that do indeed show the location of lots 7 and 8.

Does the drawing show how far away to place the lots from sw oleson road? thats what im missing, I have a copy of the drawing but it doesnt show it.

Most of the images I have posted do not have text or dimensions on them. Students tend to have problems with the geometry which is what I try to focus on.

You can back into the location of lots 7 and 8 by finding the width of the buffer area between SW Oleson Road and lot 7.

Edited by ReMark

Ok, I think I got that part. Thanks. I moved the intersection of sw85th ave. and sw village lane to were it visually looks correct from a drawing i have. I'm sure its not correct but looks right. Any suggestions about this

So in other words you're fudging it. I'm not sure I agree with that approach. You either do it right or if it is wrong you do it over until it is right.

I agree with 100%, but I am not having any luck doing it the way the directions explain. I entered the coordinates for the intersection 1421130.30,783628.70 and it doesnt show the point, it just has a line with the angle that goes across the screen. I guess I dont understand how to get the correct intersection point.