Revit 2014

bruce lee

hi i have revit 2014 the full version with all templates etc i have autodesk inventor 2014 also what do i use that for can you link in to revit or something thank

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bruce lee

• ReMark

• Organic

• Murph_map

Your question needs to be reworded or corrected as it seems to be incomplete.

What do you want to "link" and why? Do you want to generate a bill of materials?

I was not aware that the two came bundled together. Where did you get your copy of Revit from? As far as I know the two programs are not linked. You do not need Inventor just to be able to run Revit.

mine is building ultimate i have all of them in one but inventor 2014 just installed with it i have the revit architecture and revit full version with templates

I never heard of Building Ultimate. I'd have to research it. Did you get this as a student download or did you purchase it from an AutoDesk dealer?

I'm guessing you did not obtain the software legally.

I don't have it because in my line of work it is not a program (or suite of programs) I would use.

FYI - CADTutor does not condone the use of pirated software.

Edited by ReMark

If you don't know what Inventor is for (mechanical parts design etc), then you don't need to use it. It is similar to Solidworks or ProE if you have used them.

Yeah that tends to happen when I feel someone is being evasive with their answers.[/QUO

i own my own cad company happy know

ReMark was more of looking as to where you/your company acquire the software from. From a reseller, straight from Autodesk, as part of a company take over etc. there's many ways to get it that is legal. If you downloaded from the subscription site then it have of been one of the "bugs" that others have reported of getting the wrong or extra software. Are you sure it is the full version of inventor or is it part of Inventor Infusion?

So you have your own company. OK. I don't see how that answers my question regarding how you came into possession of the Building Suite. How is it that you acquired a software package not knowing what was included and what it could be used for? Doesn't sound like good business practice to me. Would you rent, lease or buy a building not knowing the square footage or what was included in the price? Would you bid a contract without knowing what was required to fulfill it? How long have you been a sole proprietor?

FYI - We have had requests for help from people who were using pirated copies of AutoDesk programs. Most of us will not assist these types of users since we either had to buy the software ourselves or the company we work for had to buy the software. Thus the reason for my suspicions. If that upsets you for some reason I am not about to apologize for it.

The original poster downloaded a trial from what I gathered in a previous thread. BDS Ultimate does come with Inventor.

With all due respect, I think the original poster's first language is not English, hence the short and sometimes broken replies. This is purely speculation as we do see a number of people that do not speak English well on this forum. I think the poster is simply wanting to know what are the benefits of Inventor over Revit. I don't know if this individual is a young student, or working for a company and just trying things out, or what. It would most certainly help if the individual would give us this information so we may better assist, and I will admit that his/her inquiries are not really well thought out and informative enough for us to help out.

Bruce Lee, can we start fresh? Why have you downloaded the Building Design Suite, and what exactly are you inquiring about? You started this thread titled "Revit 2014" but your post asks what can Inventor do with linking into Revit - is that correct? As for the Revit Templates, are you saying that you finally got the Template issue worked out?

Thank you and I hope you can post back with a more formal clarification to your needs. :)