2014LT will not work on Windows 8.1

Graham Dennis

I have recently installed Windows 8.1 and now my 2014LT software does not work. When I try to open an existing drawing or try to open the programme, initially the opening dialogue box appears showing the start up details and then when the programme is due to open up full screen into the user interface there is a kind of "flash" of UI and then its gone and the programme is shut down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software but it is still the same. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this problem ?

Graham.

Does your system meet the minimum system requirements as per AutoDesk recommendations?

See this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15460215&linkID=9240817

Did you check the AutoDesk website, Discussion Groups, to see if anyone else reported the same problem?

Did you also download and install service pack 1?

When you did the uninstall/reinstall did you do it as per the AutoDesk instructions that are available online?

There are a huge amount of complaints on the AutoDesk Community forum about this sort of issue with 8.1. Seems almost all of their products fail in one way or another on 8.1.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. Its a pain. You cant roll back to windows 8 easily. Have you managed to find a solution yet? Regards Mark Leadbetter