Combining a cutting ifeature with a part for insertion

Matt318

I have seen this done in a YouTube video but never explained. I will give an example of what I am trying to do. I work in the shopfitting industry and for this example I will say Iam designing an ikea style flat pack unit and have created an assembly with two 12mm mdf side panels an one top panel in between, creating an open box. I would like to place four connectors on the top panel, two either side that will lock to steel pins in the side panel when turned with a screwdriver, just like the ones in most ikea furniture. I would like to pick a point on a sketch on a face in my model where I can place my connector with a cutting ifeature around it which will cut a hole for me in my panel and place the part in that hole at the same time. I hope this is clear and it would be amazing if someone can steer me in the right direction!

Matt

Thanks for the post, I have done well over 50+ hours of paid for inventor tutorials, basics all the way to advanced but as yet have not found one that shows me how to pair a part with a cutting feature, could you post me a link directly to one that will, I would appreciate it as I'm obviously not entering the correct lingo into search engines to find one.