Lt 2013 stopped working today

DarwinH

Today out of the blue when trying to open LT 2013 it states on a white box before it gets into program, that 'LT Application has stopped working' I have installed service packs, tried rebooting and looking for answers online but not having much luck. It also appears some type of update was pushed at around 12:30 today and I was not using the program or even at home so this must be something sent from AutoCAD that has messed it up. This happened a year back and was difficult to fix. Any ideas.

AutoDesk does not push updates however Microsoft does.

What OS are you running?

Anti-virus programs also push updates. What AV program are you using?

Do you have a Windows Restore point that predates today's date?

FYI - I experienced the same problem over a year ago and contacted AutoCAD and they told me directly they caused the problem, not with an update, that is probably the wrong term, but with their monitoring and checking of proper, legal systems. FYI - I was 100% legal then and am now as well. I am on Windows 7 with Microsoft's Security Essentials for anti-virus.

Since this morning I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product twice and get the same message so I uninstalled it and installed it on my home computer instead of my laptop just to get it working and it is now on that machine.

There was also an item on the event log from AutoCAD on 12:30pm on Sunday and I was not home but my computer was on so I do think they' checked in' as their programs states it will do and affected something. I tried restore and I also tried repairing the program as well as starting it in safe mode following AutoCAD's website directions and that caused all sorts of additional problems.

I'm not aware of a continuing program where AutoDesk checks in to see if their software is legal. Did AutoDesk explain exactly how they check in? Did someone mention the InfoCenter or CommCenter by any chance?

What version of Win7 are you running? Home Edition? Pro? Ultimate? Other?

Is your computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Does your laptop meet the minimum system requirements as called for by AutoDesk?

Did you know there was a recommended method for uninstalling an AutoDesk product so as to ensure a "clean" machine before attempting to reinstall?

When you reinstalled AutoCAD did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program?

Did you also temporarily disable the UAC?