Need to link excel to CAD to change the text as per excel. (not in table format)

maheshps

Hello All,

I am using AutoCAD Mechanical 2013. (Full version).

If there is SLD with different HP rating, tag names and different cable ferrule numbers, and if there is any small change in HP rating of motor or small change in tag name, then it is time consuming work for me to go to AutoCAD and change the text by referring Excel sheet.

Is there any way to link excel sheet to AutoCAD drawings????? So i can take updated excel sheet and link it with AutoCAD and if there is any change in excel sheet then it will be updated in CAD file as well.

If there is any setting or grid referencing to be made then kindly let me know. I am ready to do the required changes to meet my requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh

Maybe this will work?

EXCELLINK 2013 - hot-links AutoCAD 2013 block attributes to Excel 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010 sheet (ARX, trial, 32/64-bit)

Find it, under the Excellink heading, at...http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/download.asp?cat=31

Thanks ReMark,

The link you provided is the 1 exactly i wanted. Only one problem i am facing with this software is, when I use EXPORT TO EXCEL then Excel sheet will be generated but at the same time my AutoCAD will stop working for 30-40 minutes. I am facing this problem because I am using trial version or it is problem with software only. (The system i am using is top configuration with i7 processor. So i dont think the problem is with my system speed.)

Pls help.

Thanks & Regards

Mahesh