AutoCAD 360 mobile APP

wscottbenson

Regarding the use of the 360 mobile app:

I am a site planner/landscape architect in need of displaying autocad site plans on my ipad/iphone. This is possible through 360, but the limit on file size and xrefs is not allowing me to get all of my info viewable. Also, I am in need of inserting aerial imagery so that I may be able to track my location on site via GPS. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Would the "Pro" version help you with the file size limit? It seems to go up to 40mb per file. I have not tried what you need so I can't commit on the aerial imag in the file.

Regarding the use of the 360 mobile app:

....the limit on file size and xrefs.....

Can you elaborate on the limit on xrefs? What exactly does that mean? Thanks.

The file I want to use has multiple xrefs within it. When I download it through 360 on my apple device, nothing comes up. But if I block out some parts of the drawing then it will work.

I think you have to have the pro version to use files with xrefs.

It may be a matter of capacity. I just uploaded into AutoCAD360 (not Pro) two files, and when I opened one, the x-ref also appeared.

FYI.

I just created a drawing with 6 xrefs, and uploaded all 7 drawings to 360.

When I open the parent drawing in 360 on my mobile device, all the xrefs show up OK.

This is not a pro account.

Edited by rkmcswain
add more info

And this was unexpected.......

I have the drawing open in my mobile device, and I also have the same drawing open in 360 in a browser on my desktop......

Edits performed in the browser show up on the mobile device automatically is just a couple of seconds (and vice-versa, edits made on the mobile device show up in the browser)

No refresh or anything needed either way.

I didn't even think about putting in the xrefs on my dropbox. That makes total sense. What about image xrefs? anyone get that to work or is that a pro thing?